Friday, April 6, 2012

Meet The Bloggers: Tanmayee Dev from Celebrating Feminity


I have skipped doing "Meet The Bloggers" for two Saturdays and am so sorry to you all for that. This Saturday I am featuring Tanmayee who is practically a "baby" in the world of beauty blogging :) She started out as a reader and was a very regular here as well and then she finally started her own blog last month :) Yup she is the one on whose request I had done the post on "tips on beauty blogging" :)

Just a few days back she sent me her pic with her answers to this questionnaire and I couldn't help but notice her expressive eyes :) See for yourself if you dont believe me :) Aren't her eyes so expressive and beautiful? :)

Come let us all know more about her and also do checkout her blog :)

Full Name Please:- Tanmayee Dev


Since How Long Have You Been Blogging:- Since March 2012, my blog is very young!

Blogs you enjoy reading:-
Temptalia, Karen's Makeupandbeauty, ISLM, Peaches nd Blush, Wiseshe, Indyabeauty, IVC, ATB, IBC etc

What does make-up mean to you :- For me makeup is an alias for confidence. I love colors. I feel make up is a gift to all of us who want to look and feel beautiful.

Prefer Lipstick or Lip Gloss :- Lipstick always

Kajal or Eye Liner: Eyeliner

Black Smoky eyes and Nude Lips or Nude eyes and Red Lips:- I like both, but if asked to select one then its Nude eyes and red lips

Pink Nail Polish or Black Nail Polish:- Pink !!

Favorite brand of cosmetics for Lipsticks:- MAC, Colorbar, Faces Minerals

Favorite brand of cosmetics for Eye Shadows:- Not much of a ES person, I like NYX.

Favorite brand of cosmetics for Eye Liners:- MAC, Colorbar, Essence, Faces

Favorite brand of cosmetics for Blushes:- NYX, Colorbar, Jordana , I am waiting to try MAC.

Favorite brand of cosmetics for Foundations: I usually use TM. I used Olay TM in Germany which was very good, Currently I am using Bebe's TM, which again is a German brand. For heavy Coverage I use Revlon Colorstay, I plan to get a MAC soon.

Now Some Deep Questions :)

What mistake do you notice people most often make in make-up:
Wrong choice of Foundation, most of the time the face ends up looking ghostly white. Another aspect is improper co-ordination of make-up wrt outfit. Like Wearing Red lipstick with bright colors, Nude lips with dull colored outfits. Not keeping the make up in sync with the undertone of one's complexion and outfit.

Top 5 Make-up Myths according to you:
1. Drugstore brands are not that good. Actually, there are many which give excellent results and not everybody in India can afford luxury brands.

2. Everybody can carry all sort of colors. In fact, we need to understand our complexion and its undertones – warm, cool or neutral and then select the colors accordingly. The main idea is, we can wear all colors but have to think on the undertones.

Top 5 tricks or tips you have learn't over the time:
1. Tightlining the eyes, I learnt way back during my teens. I love it.

2. Juggling with lip liner so as to create different looks and make a color wearable if its not otherwise.

3. Always moisturizing and priming the face before applying foundation.

4. Always prime the eyelids before applying eyeshadow or eyeliner, the color pops really well.

5. A properly applied blush can make one look fresh and glamorous at the same time, never miss it !

A Make-Up Must Have that every Indian Beauty must have in his/her vanity/purse:
A compact powder, lipstick,facial tissues and hand sanitizer.