Wednesday, December 5, 2012

In The Spotlight: MAC Club Eye Shadow

Welcome to another edition of "In The Spotlight" and today we are featuring MAC Club eye shadow. When you google MAC Club, you come across mixed reviews about this shade and almost negligible reviews from Indian blogs. We Indians are I guess still exploring the possibilities with makeup and tend to walk on the safe path... Especially for products that cost the earth, we like to checkout reviews online extensively and look at swatches after swatches and then finally go with a shade that seems to be the most popular with all beauty bloggers... We all end up with similar shades of eye shadows like Naked Lunch, Mythology, Expensive Pink, Cork, Carbon Black, Folie, Texture, Rice Paper to name a few...


Now this doesn't quite work for me... Why, I don't know but it just doesn't... Now am not saying don't read reviews on beauty blogs, rather if I said that then I would be putting my feet on the "kulhari" myself :P But what I want to tell you all is that read reviews about a product, but check out swatches in person at the store... For example, review of one MAC eye shadow will be the same for all eye shadows! They are awesome! PERIOD... Browse through various EOTDs but swatch them on yourself before yo buy it cause when you go on a swatching spree at MAC you discover hidden jewels like Nylon, Club, Patina, Green Smoke, Ego, Honesty to name a few :)

So anyways, I got myself this magical eye shadow quite a while back and have even reviewed it here...
REVIEW OF MAC CLUB



The "magical" thing about this eye shadow is that on its own its a pretty, light mossy green eye shadow but when you apply it over a black base, then the shade of green that it takes on is just plain exotic and mysterious :)

Take a look at my EOTD below... It's an attempt at smokey eye and quite a good one that too... Yup I have always been the humble one ;) Now would you believe it if I said that only one shadow i.e. MAC Club has been used to create this smokey eye and no other eye shadow.. Not even black... Yes of course I have used a highlighter shade but thats it! The dimensions this eye shadow gives you is just unparalleled and I am totally smitten by it...




 
Do let me know what you think of the EOTD and the eye shadow :)