Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Indian Wedding Makeup

Hello fellow bloggers and readers! I have had so much fun over the past three weeks and I have been dying to get back to my blog and share all my experiences with you guys...
For those who don't know, I got married a couple of weeks back and then had crazy fun on my honeymoon in Maldives... Pictures of the honeymoon later! This post is solely dedicated to my bridal make-up and the make-up I did for the various functions that were a part of the wedding celebrations :D Oh and ladies, I did all of my make-up myself and I had a blast!

A lot of blogs and articles warned brides to be to hire a professional make-up artist so as to avoid adding more stress to your already strained out mind, but I say if you are confident then you go girl! Get yourself some good foundation, some excellent brushes, a few traditional wedding colored eye shadows and some really bright lipstick and you are ready to ROCK! ;)

You see, mine was a traditional Indian wedding resplendent with bright colors, lots of golds and silvers and numerous textures in fabrics and so my make-up had to be on the OTT side and yet I wanted to look myself. It took me loads of research to get things right and finally I can say that I am extremely happy with the outcome :)

The most important point that was constantly on my mind and that made me decide on the various looks I wanted to do was the fact that ours was an inter-community wedding. You see my parents belong to two different states (West Bengal and Manipur) and my guy is a Punjabi, so I needed to incorporate all the three communities in my wedding attire and hence my make-up.

For my engagement or ring ceremony, I wore a Kanjeevaram Silk Saree draped in a bengali way. This called for a bengali look where my make-up and hairstyle was concerned. And this is how it turned out to be :)

For this look, I used the following products:
1. MAC Prep+Prime
2. Maxfactor's Second Skin Foundation in Golden
3. MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
4. Faces Sparkle Dust in Gold
5. Faces Stackable Loose Dust in Brick
6. L'Oreal Azure Blonde Trio - Highlighter
7. Maybelline's Gel Liner
8. Colorbar Liquid Precision Eye Liner
9. MAC False lashes
10. Maybelline Collossal Volume Waterproof Mascara
11. Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick in HOT HOT HOT
12. Maybelline COlorsensational Lipstick
13. Lakme Fantasy Collection Bronzer

Engagement pic... Style: Bengali



Engagement Close-up
For my Jai Maala, we were following some punjabi customs here, so I went for a lehenga. As my lehenga wasn't really a traditional lehenga and since I was to wear it only for an hour I opted for a bronzed and a wearable look.

The products that I used for this look is as follows:
1. MAC Prep+Prime
2. Maxfactor's Second Skin Foundation in Golden
3. MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque
4. Faces Sparkle Dust in Gold
5. MAC Eye Shadow in Beauty Masked
6. L'Oreal Azure Blonde Trio - Highlighter
7. Maybelline's Gel Liner
8. Colorbar Liquid Precision Eye Liner
9. Maybelline Collossal Volume Waterproof Mascara
10. Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick in HOT HOT HOT
11. Lakme Fantasy Collection Bronzer




For the Jai Maala
Finally, the wedding was to happen in a typical Manipuri way with the proper Manipuri bridal dress called "poloi". For this, I patted some compact (Lakme White Radiance) on my existing make-up that I had done for the jaimaala and made the typical
Vaishnav Chandan Teeka on my forehead and nose and I was good to go... This is how I looked...




Lastly, for the Vidaai I changed into a saree given by my sweet mother-in-law. I am in love with this saree and since it is so modern and so classy, I went in for a modern and sophisticated look. My guy tells me that this was hid favorite look out of the lot! :D
The look was very minimal and all I used were the following:
1. MAC Prep+Prime
2. Maybelline's Gel Liner
3. Colorbar Liquid Precision Eye Liner
4. Maybelline Collossal Volume Waterproof Mascara
5. Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick in Addictive Magenta
With my daddy before the vidaai
Do let me know as to what you think of about my make-up... :D