Wednesday, February 29, 2012

REVIEW: Purplle.com

For those of you who don't know purplle.com, it is an online shopping portal with its own purpllebox as well. I have not yet received a purplle box but I did have the opportunity to shop at their online store and well I must say I am impressed with the brands that they have. From Vichy to Escada, Estee Lauder to YSL, Zoya to Moschino and Maybelline, Colorbar, Lakme etc :) No they are not paying me to do a review, they just called one fine morning and told me about their website. Told me they were offering all Indian Beauty Bloggers a Rs.100/- off discount on a purchase of Rs.500/- and if I was interested, I could make a purchase and also review their site. Initially, I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy anything but when I checked out their site, I was of course tempted :P heheheheh... Initially I thought of buying some cosmetics, but then I knew there would be a time in future when the blog-o-sphere would be buzzing with purplle.com reviews for cosmetic purchases, so I purchased a perfume and a pack of facial wipes :)

This is what I bought...

Now coming to the web site. The home page is pretty attractive and the site is quite easy to browse. Nothing extraordinarily pretty about it but a very practical interface. One thing that I really liked about the site was that when I click on the tab called "brands", it gives me a list of ALL brands alphabetically rather than page-wise. Here's how the site looks and the list of brands it has to offer...


Now coming to the customer service, I was seriously impressed with the really short time they took to revert to my emails. I would send them an email and I would get a response within 10 mins! That was pretty impressive and also the fact that they spoke to me on the phone regarding my doubts was appreciated. When I finally did place my order, I got an email within the next 10 mins about confirming my order and an invoice. I did a pre-paid transaction though. And within 48 hours they had shipped my order through Aramex and sent me an email with the tracking details and stuff. Now Aramex isn't one of my favorite courier companies cause they take a lot of time to deliver within Pune. According to the tracking details, my package reached Pune Aramex Office within 4 hours of the mail being sent from Mumbai. But they took 2 days to deliver it to my place! LOL... Btw same thing happened with me for my Blisscovered Box as they sent it through Aramex as well :P

What about the packaging? Well, again the packaging wasn't really extra-ordinary but yup again practical. My perfume bottle was safe and no leakages or cracks. After seeing nicer and prettier packaging from other portals including Brandmile, Fashion & You, Blisscovered and all, this was a little dampener :P


All in all I have had quite decent experience with purplle.com and I might even order one their boxes :) Plus their varied spectrum of brands on offer is seriously quite tempting :) Especially if you are a fragrance buff like me :) Plus most of the stuff are already on discount :D Yay!

Would I Buy From Them Again?
Yes! Definitely! Good customer service, variety of perfumes and most products on sale is a huge PLUS!


Would I Recommend?
Yes! Especially since they offer not only cosmetics but also fragrances, skin care, hair care and styling tools!

Overall Rating:
8/10


Have you shopped from purplle.com