Tuesday, August 2, 2011

REVIEW & LOTD: Colorbar Eye-shadow in Spicy Brown

I have never been in love with brown as much as I am nowadays and I must say that it's all thanks to Colorbar's Eye-shadow in SPICY BROWN that I purchased like a couple of days before :) I have always loved eye popping neons and bright eye-shadows and so it's a huge shocker for me that I actually gravitated towards and finally bought a brown eye-shadow! And since the day I bought it, I have been only wearing this shade everywhere. Will you believe it if I tell you that I have paired this brown shadow with a navy blue ensemble, a black ensemble and a yellow ensemble? Well yeah talk about obsession! :P

Take a look at the LOTD I did with it...
For this look, I have paired Colorbar Spicy Brown with FACES Loose Sparke Dust in Golden. The lipstick that I have on is Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick in HOT HOT HOT (review here) and blush that I have used is Colorbar blush in Plum Brown.
This eye-shadow impressed me with the fact that it is an extremely versatile shade (yes brown can be versatile) and trust me when I say that I have tried EOTDs pairing Spicy Brown with yellow, mossy green, golden, Black (yes black!), Dark Blue and Purple! One just needs to let their imagination run wild :D This eye-shadow comes in a very cute and an innovative packaging. It has two compartments. The top compartment of the pot is where the real product is, the lower compartment contains a teensy mirror and a tiny, bent sponge applicator. This as you all already know is a signature packaging of Colorbar cosmetics. Their blushes also come in similar cases.
Image of the Product


Swatches

EOTD

Oooohs and Aaahhhs!
1. The color is warm and pretty and like I said very versatile.
2. The texture is very smooth and application is a breeze.
3. Doesn't have any chunky glitter but a nice sheen/glaze.
4. Very less fall out. Do note that I haven't said negligible ;)
5. Well pigmented. Not much of a difference between using and not using a base under it.
6. Stays on for long and doesn't really budge for at least 8 hours straight.
7. Very comfortable to the pocket ;)
8. Cute packaging.

Ouches!
1. Very limited colors in this range. I mean do they really expect me to be content with only 6 shades?!!!
2. The bent applicator provided with the shadow is pretty useless because of its size and shape!

Price
It costs INR 250/-

Repurchase?
Yeah sure I'd buy the other shades available in the range.

Would I recommend?
Oh yes of course especially to beauties on a budget

Overall rating
8/10