Friday, August 26, 2011

The Gel Liner Wars... MAC vs Inglot vs Maybelline... The culmination...

I am today finally ready to give my verdict on the Gel Liner wars and well it's been a tough week deciding on which was better and which could ve been better. You see what made it all the more difficult was the fact that I heart all three of them and well a mommy cannot really choose a fav out of her babies now can she? Ok weird analogy! Its the marriage thing... It's gotten into me and has been making me say all these crazy stuff and give all such lopsided analogies! LOL! I'll get over it soon I promise :P

Ok so coming back to what I was saying, I was saying all three products featured in this post are just simply awesome and well it would be totally unfair to pick out a winner out of them three... So I have decided to dedicate one section to each of the liners and then you guys pick yourself a winner according to your requirements and my experience with each one of them! Phew! You'll soon realize it's a tough job! :D
So here we go...


MAYBELLINE LASTING DRAMA EYE STUDIO GEL LINER (Black)
I have already done a review on this here.
ooohs and aaahhhs
1. Jet Black and I mean really jet black. FULL STOP
2. It is smudge proof after you've allowed it to set for like 2 seconds!
3. It does NOT dry in the tub like a lot of others that I know of :P
4. It comes with an applicator brush, which is GREAT! The brush is super soft and yet firm and is a dream to apply with.
5. It costs only INR 375/- and wow it goes on for like forever... I am a girl who needs her kajal and liner everyday, come what may and for me one tub goes on for like 5-6 months! Its actually magical!
6. It's great cause it doesn't cause any allergies or reactions. It does not burn my eyes and I apply it all over my eyes. LOL.. I mean the waterline, the tightline, lashline and you get the drift! :P
7. It id odorless!
ouches!
1. It fades just a little bit by the end of the day and accumulates at the outer corners of my eyes.
2. The glass tub it comes in is real cute but has a very cheap feeling aluminium cap
3. In India, only one shade i.e. black has been introduced.

INGLOT AMC LINER MATTE (83)
I had heard a lot about INGLOT Gel liners and I was itching to try one. And since I was more than satisfied with my Maybelline Black Gel Liner, I got myself a blue in Inglot. The shade that I own is a true Indigo Blue and looks like a really pretty shade in the pot it comes in. But on the eyes, it looks like a shade darker not that I am complaining ;)
ooohs and aaahhhs
1. Has a great range of shades and it gets really difficult to choose...
2. It dries real fast and so if u want to try out stuff like smudging and all then you have to be really QUICK!
3. It remains dry through out the day and does not fade or smudge!
4. Its ultra waterproof!
5. It does not get accumulated at the outer corners of my eyes and I s love it for that! :D <3 <3
6. Its great as a kajal as well as a liner on the upper lashline :)
7. You get a lot in the pot about 6.5 gms and costs a mere INR 650/-
ouches!
1. It dries up and when i say dries up, I mean dries up in the pot. They say you get an Inglot Duraline for "undrying" the gel. I haven't really needed it so far!
2. Like I said in my ooohs and aaahs section, it dries up fast but sometimes at the end of the day it feels tight on my waterline because of the dried liner and it does get itchy occassionally :(
3. It comes in a cute looking container but its all plastic and feels all tacky :( I mean after all Maybelline and MAC ones come in glass tubs and they really give an expensive feel to the product.
4. It's shades do not have names but only numbers and somehow I am not really a fan of that!
MAC FLUIDLINE (Macroviolet)
MAC doesn't really need any introductions and well it doesn't really need any reviews either but then I am still going ahead and listing out my experiences with it :)ooohs and aaahhhs
1. The shade is gorgeous!
2. It sets fast and can then not be budged at all. It stays on like forever!
3. It feels like "you're wearing nothing at all"... Nope not acuvue but the MAC fluidline :P
4. No reactions and no irritation at all! But then what else did you expect?
5. Is really smooth to apply and just simply glides on.
6. It Does NOT dry up in the pot :)
7. The pot it comes in is of heavy glass and feels really nice, sturdy and classy :)
ouches!
1. It's expensive! A really tiny pot of 3gms set me back by INR 950/-
2. This shade doesn't really show up on my waterline but then in all fairness I am comparing it to Maybelline's black liner! I'll need to get myself blacktrack from MAC to give u fair comparison of the color pay-off :)

So here it is and just for the record I think this has been my longest post so far ;)
Guys lemme know which one you think should be crowned the winner :D