Monday, September 26, 2011

EOTD & TUTORIAL: Yellow Brown Smoky Eyes Look

I don't know if it happens to you guys but it sure does to me. What? LOL... The time when I get used to a particular thing and I just cannot let go of it :) Well yes it happens to the best of us but I guess it happens to me a tad bit more than most of you can even imagine! Why does this happen to me I cannot fathom but then yes you will now say that I am blabbering away to glory :P ha ha! So before I get carried away a bit more, let me tell you guys that what I am talking about is the fact that I get stuck not only to particular products but also to specific EOTDs and LOTDs... Yes! I am a habitual EOTD repeater in real life! Ha! There I said it! :D
So anyways, today I am posting a tutorial on the summery smoky look that I am nowadays sporting with anything and everything :) It's a very pretty and versatile (you bet!) EOTD using golden yellow and brown and well it just makes my eyes look so bright and full of life :) So here goes...
But first here's a sneak peak at my EOTD :) Tell me guys how much you like it :)
Yellow Brown Smoky Eyes
STEPS
1. Primed lids with Faces Eye-shadow Base and then buffed with some loose 
    powder/compact.
2. Taking a bit of yellow eye shadow from my Faces Brilliants Palette using a flat fluffy 
    eye shadow brush again from Faces, I applied the shadow on my eye lids in a 
    "pat-pat" motion.
Yellow from Faces Brilliants Palette

Applying the yellow shadow using a Faces Flat Fluffy brush
3. Next using my Faces Blending Brush number 106, I picked up some Colorbar eye 
    shadow called Spicy Brown, which is a warm brown shade and applied it on my 
    crease, blending the yellow and brown shadows in a to and fro motion from the inner    
    corner of the eye to the outer.
Colorbar Eye-shadow in Spicy Brown

Applying the Colorbar Eye-shadow in the crease using Faces Brush 106
   
4. Taking a highlighter shade like MAC Nylon, I applied it on my brow bone in order to 
    bring focus to my eyes.
5. Now, I lined my eyes with Maybelline's Gel Liner (waterline+upper lashline) and 
    finished off with some mascara. I have used Maxfactor's False Lash Effect Mascara 
    here.
Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner
6. This look can generally be paired with either a nude lippy or a red lippy and 
    sometimes even a coral lippy :)
7. On my cheeks, I have used NYX cream blush in Golden on the cheekbone and 
    Colorbar powder blush in Plum Brown on the hollows of my cheeks.

All the products used
Final Look!
 
The products used for this look are as follows:
Face:
1. Colorbar Spot Correction Concealer

Eyes:
1. Faces Eye-shadow base
2. Faces Brilliants Eye-shadow Palette
3. Colorbar Eye shadow in Spicy Brown (review here)
4. Maybelline Gel Eye-liner (review here)
5. Maxfactor False Lash Effect Mascara

Lips:
1. Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick in Hot Hot Hot (review here)
Cheeks:
1. NYX Cream Blush in Golden
2. Colorbar blush in Plum Brown (review here)

Hope you guys like the look and find the tutorial helpful :) Do give me comments and share your opinions!