Tuesday, September 6, 2011

REVIEW & LOTD: Too Faced Glamour To Go 2 Pocket Palette

Hello ladies after soo long :) I know I have been absconding since quite sometime now but then would you really want to listen to my excuses? Seriously? No? hahaha thought as much ;)

Today, I am reviewing this really cute and a very handy palette that I have been able to get my hands on and its called "Glamour To Go 2 by Too Faced". This is the first time I am reviewing or even using for that matter a Too Faced product and my excitement really has no bounds :) You see Too Faced isn't available in India and well ordering online and paying exorbitant shipping costs isn't really my thing ;) So when my colleague's husband was going to Paris and he very kindly offered to go to Sephora for me, I just jumped at the offer :D I got myself this palette and well here's the review... Btw this is for all Marathi readers, do checkout my colleague's blog here

This palette caught my fancy on the French Sephora website cause well first off it was a palette (duh!), second it wasn't expensive and third it was compact and hence could be carried easily in one's handbag or even pocket ;) It consists of 8 very versatile and bordering on "safe" eye-shadow shades, 4 really glossy lip glosses and 1 extremely flattering blush.

Image of the Product
Too Faced Glamour To Go 2

8 eye-shadows, 4 lip glosses, 1 blush
 Swatches
Eye Shadows on the top row (L-R): Pale brown with golden shimmer, Shimmery Grey, Pale Pink, Moss Green with golden specks
Eye-shadows on the bottom row (L-R): Shimmery Brown, Shimmery Pink, Shimmery Nude, Champagne
The blush
Lipglosses (L-R): Nude pink, Golden Pink, Fuschia Pink, Plum
LOTD
EOTD done using all 4 shades in the top row
Used shade 3 as highlighter, shade 4 in the center, shade 1 in the inner corner and shade 2 on crease

Used Fuschia Pink Lip Gloss here
Ooooohhss and Aaahhhs!!!
1. The colors are very versatile and can be used daily :)
2. The packaging is cute and compact. Can very easily be carried along and it truly is an "on the go" palette.
3. The lip glosses too are pretty good and not at all sticky and tacky.
4. The blush that comes with this palette is really flattering on my skintone! I am an NC40 btw.
5. The shadows stay on for really long without smudging or creasing.
6. The shadows, glosses and blush are quite decently pigmented. No complaints on that end.
7. They do not cause any reactions.
8. They smell sweet and that toois quite subdued, no cheap fragrances here!
9. Quite inexpensive.

Ouches!
1. As it is an "on the go" palette, a couple of brush applicators would be perfect!
2. Too Faced could have added some brighter colors to the palette instead of having two pinkish nudes and one baby pink.
3. Doesn't really have an oommphh factor!
4. Non availability in India!

Price
On the French Sephora site it costs 19 Euros (we don't have a euro symbol on the keyboard!)
On the American Sephora site is costs $23

Repurchase?
Hmmmmm.. Maybe not this palette.. Something else from Too Faced is most welcome :)
Would I recomment it?
Well, it's an extremely practical palette in terms of compactness and the array of shades that it has to offer. With the addition of some brush applicators, it would ve been just perfect :) And well yeah I would have liked a black shadow in the palette too.. Then it would have been my dream palette ;)
But yes I do recommend it especially if you are always on the go or travel a lot :)

Overall Rating
8/10