Thursday, January 5, 2012

Reader Request: My Skincare Regime (Dry Skin)

With the advent of Winters in most parts of the country, skin care has become a major cause of interest for everyone of us. Cold weather brings in the problem of dryness especially for beauties with dry skin and I guess this is the perfect time for me to indulge in reader requests regarding my skin care regime. ISLM I have always maintained is a purely make-up and beauty blog but with ISLM readers increasing asking for my skin care regime especially Kanika Justa of kanikajusta.blogspot.com and Beena of Beauty And Everything Else, I have finally given in and am doing a post about my daily skin care routine.

Now I think is the right time to warn you guys about the fact that this post will ONLY be about Dry Skin care cause well I have very dry skin :)

Now whats really funny is that I don't really do anything special and neither do I really follow any kind of a set routine except for EXFOLIATING and MOISTURISING :)

So anyways, the products that I use on a daily basis are here:

1. Oriflame Sun Safe Sun Screen
2. Ponds White Beauty Lightening Facial Foam
3. St Ives Apricot Scrub
4. FabIndia Almond and Walnut scrub
5. Oriflame Giordani Gold Body Cream
6. Garnier Fruit Naturals Body Cocoon
7. Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

Well now that, those are covered some things that I religiously do follow are:
1. I exfoliate (face scrub) my face twice a week with St Ives Gentle Apricot Skin.
2. I exfoliate my body once a week with Fab India;s Walnut Scrub
3. I moisturize like crazy. I use Garnier Body Cocoon also on my face!
4. Whenever I wake up in the middle of the night, I make it a point to apply Oriflame Giordani Gold Body cream on my face, arms and neck. Yes I am crazy and keep it on my bedside table :P
5. I keep applying Vaseline petroleum jelly on my elbows and lips whenever I can.
6. Oh and I visit the beauty parlour every fifteen days for a face clean-up
7. I have NEVER had a facial in the 26 years of my life. No, not even before my wedding.
8. I do bleach my face and neck once a month.

I don't know what else to write cause I do not do anything else :)
If you want to know something in particular then do go ahead and ask away... :P