Sunday, February 5, 2012

How to Get Glowing Complexion In Few Weeks? {A Super Trick}

  1. How to improve my complexion?
  2. How can I improve my skin tone?
  3. I am dark. What should I do to make my skin fair?
  4. Please give some fairness tips. I am so dull.
  5. How to get rid of dark patches?

These are the main questions my readers ask me everyday. :P Everyone want to be fair usually Isn't it? What does fair means? The meaning of fair is GOOD, so it is not a word to describe pale skin in my point of view. The skin types should be mentioned as light, wheatish, dusky and dark. These are all birth complexions, no one can change their genes. You need to get fair? Please do know many white people are craving to be dusky and they are tanning themselves. I am not saying that only dark people are beautiful, everyone is beautiful depending upon the health, texture and tone of their skin, not colour for sure.
  I have seen many people who are white, but have a bad skin with dullness, marks and roughness. Many chocolaty people have great skins. So please forget about the myth "White is beautiful" A clean, clear and healthy skin is beautiful whether it is white or dark. Don't go behind the fairness myth and spoil your skin with chemicals. Don't use bleaches or other harmful whitening products to change your god gifted birth colour.
Now, I will teach you how I improved my skin. I did not get paler than before, but my skin became smooth, even toned, bright and softer than before. Being born as a pale skinned baby, I was wheatish till my 5th std. When I joined 6th, I got into athletics and tanned my skin for past 7 years. I am an athlete and I have no choice to bother about my skin colour. I got very dark and dull skin, hence worried about it a lot :( Then I followed a simple trick to improve my tanned skin. I am dusky now and fell in love with my dusky skin and this is the main reason for me being a skincare-addict. I love dusky shades more than paler ones, it depends on your interest that which colour you like. But never forget, Pale or dark, soft and healthy skin is beautiful anytime!

Now tell me tell you the trick.. It is Exfoliation! 
Yes, for sure. Our skin needs to be exfoliated at least twice in a week in a gentle way to get rid of the dead skin cells which deposits in the outer layer of our skin due to pollution and other allergies. This makes skin look patchy, dull and unhealthy if not exfoliated and scrubbed properly. I am always afraid of chemical scrubs hence I went for a natural one, It is Loofah!! Nothing to fear with it. It's just like a scrub pad. 

If you never knew what loofah is, look at this


Where to buy: You can get natural loofah at your nearest herbal shop or even you can get ready made loofah pads from online shopping websites or departmental stores.

Price: I got mine for just Rs.15 (he he.. It's dirt cheap)

Trick to Get Super Soft and Glowing Complexion
It's a simple procedure with Loofah to achieve smooth soft and glowing skin!
Just soak loofah in warm water for about 10 minutes to soften them and sqeeze. While bathing, rub loofah in your soap or pour some body wash, work lather on your body skin giving gentle circular motions in body skin and greater pressure in rougher parts like knees and elbows. After exfoliating properly, wash off with plenty of fresh water. That's it. This should be done once in 3 days or 2 days if your skin is non sensitive and dry, and once in a week if you have dry skin.
 This process will remove dead skin cells up to an extent to clear out your skin and thus you get super complexion in few weeks! Try it out for sure.

Note: Exfoliating gives awesome results but you should never ever forget to moisturize your skin with a nourishing lotion after exfoliating as your skin would have lost extra moisture.