Friday, March 16, 2012

Cosmetics Company Outlet Haul!

Last night my mum and I went on another one of our spontaneous shopping trips and jiggled on over to York Designer Outlet. I have slightly mixed opinions on that place and wouldn't go for a full days shopping. To me, it's one of those shopping centers that you would go to for a specific shop and not bother too much about any of the others in there. In my case, I only really go for the Cosmetics Company Outlet! It's a beauty girl's dream in there! They have all the top brands sold at a fraction of the price. Often you can find items at 60% off! Yes, it's quite incredible and so easy to spend, spend, spend!! The Cosmetics Company Outlet or 'CCO' as some people like to call it, sells brands such as MAC, Bobbi Brown, Origins, Estee Lauder, Clinique and Ojon (to name but a few!). Anyway, let's move on to the good stuff and show you what I bought:


Only three items this time - I had to seriously reign myself in! At one point I was walking around the shop with about 10 products in my hands thinking "should I?" but no, well done Sara. I could have easily bought some of the Estee Lauder eye shadows and a mass of Origins skincare so I feel quite proud walking away with three items I know I will use.

Estee Lauder DayWear Plus

Estee Lauder DayWear Plus: The first product I snapped up was actually a re-purchase. I have had this one a few times before and absolutely love it for topping up the tan on my face. They almost always stock it in this CCO so I can count on being able to get this at a cheaper price! It smells amazing and reminds me of my holidays! It's basically a grey-ish anti-oxidant moisturiser, that once rubbed in, develops in to a tanned bronze colour. Not great for us pale-ies but I only seem to use this when I have my fake tan on as a tinted moisturiser. Lovely product and definitely one worth trying! (It has now been re-packaged.) To purchase this little beauty click here.

Original price: £37.00 / CCO price: £19.50 / Saved: £17.50

MAC Venomous Villains Collection Lipstick - 'Violetta'

MAC Lipstick in 'Violetta': Unfortunately this lipstick was limited edition (another great thing about CCO's - they have all the limited edition collections that are no longer sold!). You can now only get this shade from the MAC Pro stores which is a real shame because I'm a sucker for anything bright and gaudy! I was going to purchase this when it first came out but ended up putting it back thinking I'd never wear it. That's recently changed though as I hardly ever seem to sport the nude lips anymore! (SHOCK HORROR) I love deep reds, raspberry's and bright pinks! This is a lovely colour to add to my collection as I have nothing else like it - a vampy purple! It's an 'Amplified Cream' formula making it so smooth and easy to apply. I can definitely see myself throwing this on for my next night out! To purchase the MAC lipsticks, click here.

Original price: £13.50 / CCO price: £9.25 / Saved: £4.25

MAC Chromagraphic Pencil - 'Process Magenta'


MAC Chromagraphic Pencil in 'Process Magenta': This was another item I missed out when it was launched last Autumn in a limited edition collection. It's one of MAC's Chromographic pencils, which usually means you can use them anywhere on the face (or body), however, this one is not safe for use around the eyes. I presumed it was a lip liner anyway and that's what I'll be using it for. It's a velvety smooth dark fuchsia shade that would look perfect on its own or under a matching lippy. I can't wait to wear this one! To purchase the MAC lip liners click here.

Original price: £14.00 / CCO price: £9.25 / Saved: £4.75

Let me know what you're favourite CCO purchases have been! And also, where you shop at outlet prices?