Thursday, March 1, 2012

REVIEW & LOTD: MAC Eye Shadow in Humid

MAC cosmetics does seem to have very interesting names for its eye shadows and lipsticks. Those who are working in the "nomenclature" department of MAC, I bow to thee. Such interesting and innovative names do deserve a round of applause. And one of them is MAC Humid. Would you seriously name an eye shadow Humid? I mean don't we relate humidity with a negative sense of the climate? Don't we say "Aggghhrrrrr I totally abhor the humidity in Mumbai" or "My hair gets soo frizzy in Kolkata's humidity" and yet they name their classic green shadow as "Humid" and well no one is complaining! :) Why? Cause with humidity I somehow relate plants and greenery. And so it seems very natural to me that a mossy green shadow be name d as Humid. Doesn't it make sense to you too? :P

MAC Humid is by far the BEST GREEN EYE SHADOW I have ever used. It is a flattering warm, olivey-mossy green that looks gorgeous on our type of skintones. I have had a tough time looking for a flattering green for my undertone and well MAC Humid seems to be the best bet :) It has this hint of a golden shimmer in it but it is very subtle and just results in a velvety golden sheen over the green shade :)

Image of the Product


Swatches

LOTD




Oooohhhss And Aaaahhhsss!!!
1. Gorgeous shade of green.
2. A very versatile shade of green that would look flattering on all Indian skin tones :)
3. Smooth velvety texture.
4. Blends easily
5. Does not crease
6. Does not cause reactions.
7. Good pigmentaion

Ouches!!
I seriously cannot think of any except that it is a tad bit on the expensive side :)

Price
It costs Rs.680/720 for a refill and 900 in a pan.

Repurchase?
Definitely! This is the most flattering green on my eyes :)

Would I Recommend?
If you have a yellow undertone, are looking for a gorgeous green that would flatter your eyes, go with Indian outfits as well western then woman you have to get yourself HUMID in pan or refill! :D

Overall Rating:
9.5/10

Make-up Break-up
For the look here I have used the following:
1. Faces Sparkle Dust in Golden on the lid
2. MAC Humid on the crease and outer corner
3. MUFE Star Powder in shade 940 on the brow bone
4. Lakme Absolute Moonlit Highlighter for contouring
5. Lakme Absolute Matte Lipstick in Classic Rose