Thursday, March 29, 2012

Video Tutorial (Reader Request): Face Contouring

Manali says...

i would like u to help me out with face contouring...i really love the way u do it...a video tute would be really helpful..
and if possible use lakme absolute moon lit highliter to do the tute
i have my farewell next week...n i plan to do my make-up on my own...also if u can suggest some makeup tips(specially blush,e/s, lippie) for a dark navy blue saree...it would be an early evening function FYI....and yeah i have fair to wheatish complexion with yellow undertone(sorry for this kinda description but i dnt know my NC/NW number)...i can mail u a pick of mine(please let me know)...thanks a lot

Manali did mail her and her saree's pic and I must say that she is gorgeous :)

First off Manali your saree is a beautiful Navy Blue with a lot of golden detailing work right, so I would suggest you to stick with a dark blue and golden combo itself. Plus you say that its an early evening function, hence a smokey look or even a simple dark blue shadow would be quite out of place... 

We need to keep the look classy yet pretty, so I would suggest you to for a wash of golden eye shadow on the lid and crease area and a pale golden highlighter on your brow bone. I have used a golden eye shadow that has a tinge of Orange in it... Finish off your eye makeup with a thick navy blue eye liner on your upper lashline and kajal for tightlining plus mascara... 

My recommended look... 

Use a bright lipstick, I recommend an Orange based RED. If you are not comfortable with Red, a bright pink lippy would look good too :)
Without Flash
With Flash
For contouring, I have made a video tutorial like you asked me to and here it is :) Hope you find it helpful and easy to follow :)


Products Used:
Face
1. TBS Extra Virgin Minerals Cream Compact Foundation
2. Lakme Absolute Moonlit Highlighter for contouring
3. Colorbar Blush in Floral Fuschia.

Eyes
1. MAC Paint Pot in IndianWood
2. Faces Sparkle Dust in Golden as eye shadow
3. Inglot Cream Liner in Shade 83 on the upper lashline
4. MUFE Star Powder no 940 as highlighter.
5. Maybelline Gel Liner as kajal
6. Maxfactor False Lash Effect Mascara

Lips
1. Lakme Absolute Matte Lipstick in Classic Red.