Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Trends: S/S 2012 (Part 1) -> Grazia: Neon Lips, Glowing Skin et al...

Some might think that this post is a bit too late, after all most blogs. mags and websites are done introducing us to the Spring Summer 2012 trends, but ladies and gentlemen you know how much ISLM loves to do things with a twist :) And of course you also know how much I love introducing newer features on my blog :P Yup! I am yet again starting a new feature called "Trends" where I shall do makeup, looks, EOTDs and hairstyles that depict the trends of the season :) Sounds like fun!

This first edition of the feature, I am showcasing 4 major trends of this season (2 of which are inspired by Grazia India April 2012)... 
Grazia India, APril 2012
The trends featured today are as follows:
1. Bright and Fruity Lips (Mary Katrantzou)
    Neon lips are "IN" this season and I have embraced the trend with open arms ;)
    I am wearing Sleek Lipstick in "Coral Reef".

Sleek True Color Lipstick in Coral Reef
2. 3D Glow (Michael Kors/Louis Vitton)
    The face they say this season has to be perfect and flawless with a little glow without being oily, just the way I like it :) I have used Lakme Absolute Moonlit Highlighter Duo for contouring and NYX Cream Blush in Glow, TBS Extra Virgin Minerals Foundation and COlorbar Stick concealer.


3. Metallic Eyes (Fendi)
    Well honestly? This was a spring trend but it has trickled into Summer as well and I am not complaining ;) I love glitter, golden or silver on my eyes :) Here, I am wearing MAC Paint Pot in Genuine Treasure and Maybelline Gel Liner smudged near the lashline.

4. Side braids/buns
    This trend has been doing the rounds on the runway since a while now and it sure seems to be here to stay.


I hope you enjoyed the look as much as I did and do let me know if you would like me to do a tutorial on the EOTD :)