Monday, May 14, 2012

What To Wear: To A Dinner Get Together with Friends

This is what happens when you force a beauty blogger to stop buying cosmetics... She takes up the challenge, stops buying makeup products, ends up buying new clothes and shoes with the money saved and slowly makes "space" in her beauty blog for some fashion and outfit posts... Yes I am Samyukta and I am a Shop-a-holic and of course I am guilty as charged to the phenomenon described above.

So yeah yesterday I had a happy co-incidence of buying myself a new top and then was invited to dinner. Needless to say I wore my new top to dinner and well my today's "What To Wear" post is all about it :)

Outfit
What I wore was a navy blue chiffon "bandage" top from Van Heusen and paired with Black super skinny Jeans from Lee and my suede peep-toe pumps from Enroute... I carried a dull green lizard skin clutch from Hidesign... Ideally a long gold chain necklace would have looked fabulous with the outfit but since I hate (read allergic to) wearing imitation jewellery, I skipped that part :)


Top: Van Heusen
Skinny Jeans: Lee
Peeptoe Pumps: Enroute
Green Clutch: Hidesign

MakeUp
For my makeup I made a crease with MAC Folie, then applied MAC Genuine Treasure Paint Pot on my lids and accentuated the outer-V with a dark blue eye shadow from my Sleek Bad Girl Palette :)
Then I applied a bit of bronzer to my cheeks over NYX Cream Blush "Glow".
On my lips I used Maxfactor's Lip Pencil in Shade 14 Raspberry and topped it with Chambor Silk Lipstick in Cherry.


Hair
For my hair, I teased my hair at the crown area and clipped the "pouf" thus created. Then I wore a hair band as you can see and let my hair fall in waves around my face :)

Hope you guys liked the look :)