Friday, June 8, 2012

IPL Hair Removal?

You may remember a post I put up on my blog a long time ago about hair removal, and in particular how I struggle to find products and methods to remove unsightly body hair. This is something that's not easy to talk about as it's a very personal issue, however, I feel that me explaining my situation to my readers may help others in a similar situation. Unfortunately, around 2 years ago I was diagnosed with PCOS, of which one of the more minor side effects is excess body hair. Since then I've tried every possible hair removal technique out there, that is except, laser hair removal. 

Laser hair removal or IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) hair removal are both treatments I have wanted to try out for so long now! It seems that they are the only permanent solution to my problems! Unfortunately the treatments are extremely expensive and to achieve noticeable results you need at least 6 sessions (waiting around 6 weeks between each!). So it's definitely not something to jump in to light heartedly. After lots of thought on the matter I asked my beautician where she would recommend going and she told me to keep my eye out on Groupon.co.uk as they are always offering great discounts on treatments. She also said she has personally had many clients use her though these Groupon deals.


Voila! I found one! This deal popped up on Groupon a few days ago and I instantly clicked to read more about it. It was perfect, in my area and such a great discount! The treatment was originally over £1,000 and was now just £99. You could choose to have 1 medium area treated or two small areas. That was me sold, I have now bought the deal and can't wait to get the voucher through and start my first session! I am going to take you along with me on this journey for (hopefully) hair free skin, so keep an eye out for my first IPL hair removal experience post!

Have you tried IPL hair removal before? What were your experiences like?