Monday, July 30, 2012

Reader Request: Suggestions For Long Wear Foundations For Office

Navya says,

Hi Samyukta,
Your blog is very nice and has given me inspiration to take make up seriously. I really wish that you should have been in my office so that i would have been able to learn each and every thing from you face to face :). I really like your "Office Look" series. The only thing i want is that please let me know the foundation you use for every day wear in office (basically for long hours which one is good). Haan and one post on night creams which are available in market and their pros and cons.
I really would appreciate your help/suggestions. Thanks for the help in advance.
Thanks
Navya 



Hi Navya... First off thank you so much for all your kind words :) Am so glad that you like my "Office Look" series :) All thanks goes to Pranali for motivating me to do it...


Regarding a long wear foundation suitable for office, I do not use any but I could surely suggest a few... Do note that I am listing out "light coverage" foundations as heavier coverage ones might end up looking cakey in the bright and harsh office lights :) So here goes a list...
1. The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Cream Compact Foundation
This is a light to medium coverage foundation that blends easily and comes with a foundation brush. It will not give you a matte look btw. Read the full review here

2. Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
I haven't really used this but the Indian Beauty Blogosphere simply loves it! I haven't heard a single negative review about this product.

3. MAC Mineralize SPF15 Foundation In Compact Form
I haven't yet reviewed this but this is an AWESOME product. A bit on the pricier side but worth every cent! This too comes in a cream compact form and provides light to medium coverage.

4. Colorbar Full Cover MakeUp Stick With SPF30
This is a new discovery of mine and I bought it in my last trip to Mumbai's Beauty Center. It is a superb foundation and though I have used it only thrice, I am already in love with it. I shall be reviewing it soon. Btw this doubles up as a light coverage concealer too...


Hope this helps :)
I shall  be doing different post about Night Creams :)


If anyone would like to add to list then please put it in the comments section :)