Thursday, August 2, 2012

REVIEW: The Body Shop Banana Shampoo And Conditioner

I have never ever liked to eat bananas... Never! My dad swears by them but he could never get me to eat them but the day I laid my eyes on the TBS Banana shampoo and conditioner, I am seeing bananas in a totally different light... I might even venture into buying a dozen when I go fruits shopping the next time... Ha ha!

I have severely dry and frizzy hair and yes you may call them damaged as well, I will not take offense to it :P But they have been tamed to quite an extent when I started using the TBS RainForest Shampoo and Conditioner duo... I was really happy with it until I smelled the Banana Shampoo on one of my impromptu visits to TBS. It was love at first smell. Literally! I didn't buy it then cause I wanted to first finish my RainForest range and well needless to say, the day it got over, I rushed to TBS and got me these beauties :)

The Banana shampoo and conditioner look similar with a slight difference in their consistencies. They both look like freshly made banana shake and smell like a banana flavored bubblegum. There is just no way that you will not like the fragrance. Its just so glorious.

Shampoo wise, its a great mild shampoo and really really tames my frizz and makes my hair all soft and smooth. The day I started using this shampoo and conditioner duo, I haven't had to "flat-iron" my hair... My hair as is looks so smooth... And ladies mind you, it's the monsoons with Pune receiving rains like never before!

Price wise, it is one of the more reasonable products from TBS and hence I have nothing to complain about :P

Image of the Product



Oooohhsss And Aaaahhhhsss!!!
1. It smells heavenly.
2. It leaves ones hair really soft and smooth
3. It even tames frizz (during the monsoons even)
4. One of the cheaper products of TBS (Touchwood)
5. Bottles are made out of 100% recycled plastic
6. Washes off easily and doesn't leave any residue on the scalp
7. HG shampoo and conditioner material.

Ouches!!!
 None that I can think of.

Price
It costs INR 515/- each for the shampoo and the conditioner.

Repurchase?
Yes! I think I have finally found my HG shampoo and conditioner duo!

Would I Recommend?
Definitely! If you are struggling with rough and frizzy hair, then this is the shampoo for you my firend :) If you are environmentally conscious then you would love to know the fact that the shampoo and conditioner bottles are made out of 100% recycled plastic.

Overall Rating:
10/10