Saturday, November 3, 2012

Outfit Post: Karwachauth 2012 :)

Oh yeah baby, I kept the Mother-Of-All-Fasts yesterday and emerged triumphant ;) All of you by now probably know that I am half Manipuri and half bengali but married to a Punjabi... So even though culturally Karwachauth is an alien concept for me from my parents' side, this is a major occasion on my in-laws side. However, parents both mine and his insisted I not keep the fast, I still did... Why? Well, I did have a couple of reasons but the main one apart from a full day of dieting was that I thought I should don the pati vrata mode in full regalia at least once a year ;) 

For those of you who don't under about Karwachauth, it is a custom followed by Hindu women in Northern and Western India, where they fast from daybreak to after sunset without even a sip of water. They finally break their fast after viewing the moon through a sieve. Now Bollywood movies have glorified and dramatized Karwachauth especially the Karan Johar and Yash Chopra productions, so much so that it has now become almost like a major festival that is celebrated with a lot of vigor and pomp :)

So anyways, I fasted and as custom goes, since am still a new bride, I dressed in my fineries and almost succeeded in looking like a bahu out of a saas-bahu serial :D Nope am not complaining cause though the look was completely opposite of what I am in real life, I enjoyed trying out something new for a change ;)

And this is how I looked and what I wore...



Outfit Breakup
1. Orange Silk Saree with embroidery (bridal trousseau courtesy mum)
2. Jewellery - All traditional Gold, Polki and Pearls (courtesy mum and mum-in-law)





Makeup Breakup
1. TBS All-in-one BB Cream
2. Maybelline Eye Color Tattoo in Fierce and Tangy
3. Faces Loose Sparkle Dust in Gold (Shade 02)
4. Colorbar Eye Shadow in Black Tied
5. Color Precision Waterproof Eye Liner
6. Maybelline Gel Liner
7. MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash Mascara
8. Colorbar Blush in Floral Fucsia
9. Colorbar Lipstick in Creme Cup 1

Pics of my thali :)


Do you celebrate Karwachauth?