Sunday, January 6, 2013

Save the Day Sunday


Do you remember Might Mouse and his proclamation that “Here I come to save the day!” He was just a mouse, but he was mighty. A pint-sized superhero. Guess that just goes to prove that you don’t have to be big, or well known, to make a difference. Each one of us can “save the day” for someone. We can say a kind word or do a good deed. It doesn’t always take something big to make a difference, it can be just a small thing like a hug, a smile, a note, or just a quick phone call to say “I’m thinking of you” or “I love you.”

Here’s to hoping you can be a superhero, if even in a pint-sized, or half-pint sized way. Crank up that smile and be prepared to pass around the hugs as needed.

My Early Onset Alzheimer's blog has been nominated by Healthline for a contest between the best health blogs of 2012 with a $1,000 prize. Currently, I'm in the top ten out of 300+ blogs. You can vote via Facebook and/or Twitter daily between now and February 15. Well, Early Onset Alzheimer’s blog is certainly in the running for Healthline’s contest. A hundred people are my superheroes and are saving the day by pushing the blog forward, one vote at a time.

 Please remember to vote every day because your vote really counts! It is easy to vote—simply follow the link below and click on the "Vote Now" button next to Early Onset Alzheimer's. If I win, I will use the prize money to fund attendance of my 13th consecutive Alzheimer’s Association Public Policy Forum in Washington, DC.