Wednesday, December 1, 2010

READER QUERY: Loose Powders and Mascaras

Hey guys... Sharmi has a few doubts and would like some help from all of us...
Her queries are as follows:

1. I have hypersensitive oily skin. I am thinking to buy Oriflame Loose Powder in Medium shade. Does it give a good coverage?
2. I wear specs. I have small scare eyelashes. I want to wear mascara. Last time I used, I had experience falling of lashes. Could you refer me a excellent mascara.
3.Do you have any ideas how I can have thick eye lashes naturally?

REPLY
1. Oriflame loose powder is a good option if you have oily skin. I have always felt that loose powder is a better option than compact and Oriflame products are know to never cause any reactions to the skin :) Oriflame as such offers two kinds of loose powders--- Giordani Gold Mineral loose powder and Oriflame Air Soft Powder. Both give excellent coverage. The Giordani Gold Mineral loose powder comes in "light" and "medium" shades and has an applicator puff with it. The Air soft powder on the other hand comes in "clear" and "light". It doesn't have a puff with it.
Though I have dry skin, I have super oily lids and so I myself use the Air Soft powder. If u need something for your whole face with a "foundation"-like coverage then you might go for the Giordani Gold Mineral powder.

Oriflame Air Soft Powder

Oriflame's Giordani Gold Mineral Loose Powder
2. I personally would recommend three brands:- Revlon, Oriflame and Maybelline. I use the Revlon waterproof mascara, Maybelline Colossal Volume mascara and Oriflame's Vision V* Freaking mascara... All in BLACK!!! :D They do not cause reactions and have good volumizing effects :)

Oriflame Visions Freaking Mascara

Maybelline Colossal Volume Express mascara


3. For naturally thickening one's lashes my mom always recommends using CASTOR OIL on the lashes before retiring for bed :)

I hope I ve been able to help you out here Sharmi... If you guys (blog readers) have something else to add, do put in your comments as well :) All are welcome :D