Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mixing foundations: The way out

There have been times when I go out looking for a foundation that matches my skin tone, only to find that the range I am coveting doesn't really stock on the shade that matches me :( So what does one do during such times? Yes of course, the obvious way out would be to check out another brand or range that stocks your shade... But you see I prefer sticking to the brand or range I want and customize the already available shades to suit my skin tone ;) well yes... all I do is I buy one shade lighter than my skin tone and one shade darker and just mix them in the right proportions and VOILA! I am ready with a shade closest to my skin tone! :D Simple isn't it?

Well I stumbled upon this genius of an idea when I bought myself the Maxfactor second skin foundation in GOLDEN and found it to be a shade lighter for my complexion. So, when I went back to the counter and bought a shade darker i.e. BRONE, I realized that the correct shade for me was lying in the middle of the two shades that I had bought... Now since the consistencies of both the foundations were the same, mixing wasn't really a problem and in the process I found my shade :)

My new look with my new RED Lipstick :D
I was so happy to finally find my shade that I ended up doing a whole new look for myself... I finally found a RED lipstick that suits me!!! More about the lipstick and it's review in an upcoming post... Till then let me know if you guys like the shade on me :) of both the lipstick and the foundation :P