Saturday, May 21, 2011

Review: ColourB4

I had recently purchased this new product called ColourB4 by Scott Cornwall. I had heard a lot about it floating around within the beauty community so I thought I'd give it a good and try and get rid of the red!


 I bought mine in Superdrug for around £10. I'd heard that when you apply it, it supposedly lifts the previous colour molecules out of your hair so that you can wash it out, taking it back to your natural colour.

What they say on the website:

"Colour B4 hair colour remover is the safest and most effective way to reverse an undesirable hair colour application. Colour B4 shrinks the artificial dye molecules in the hair, enabling you to simply wash them away. What?s more Colour B4 does not touch your natural hair pigment so you are left with the colour which lay beneath your artificial shade."

It actually come's in regular strength and then a stronger version (usually used for people wanting to remove jet black dye!)


 I got out the contents and slapped the mixture all over my head! As it was developing I did actually notice that my hair looked less red. I also noticed that the smell was...well......eughhh. The only way I can describe is that you know when you are sat in the hairdressers and you happen to be in on the day that someone is having a perm! It's that. Perm smell. Very strong! Anyway, the time was up and it was time for the rinsing process. I won't go in to too much detail here but if you do end up buying this, make sure you follow the instructions rigidly. The rinsing and 'buffering' process is quite intense and there are plenty of steps that could easily get you confused!

Once the product was completely rinsed out I noticed that my hair felt like it needed a good condition so I put on a treatment to rescue my hair from any possible damage! I used one of the REDKEN Deep Fuel sachets.

Now, on to drying! This is the moment I almost fainted. As you know, my hair is extremely dark and although I do want to have it lighter and highlighted this summer, I wasn't prepared 
for what I saw! Ginger - pure brassy red-head Ginger! I will just show you a before picture to see what we were dealing with...a very dark red.

BEFORE: Excuse the cheesey smile but c'mon, I was playing on the slot machines!

AFTER: I never thought I would see myself having ginger hair, but there you go.

(excuse me, I was wearing the boyfriends shirt to protect mine! haha!) But hopefully, you can see the actual colour shocking bright colour! It was orange. Anyway, I began to style it and such, and actually got round to the idea of being a firey red head! However, just as I'd come to terms with it, the next day after a second wash, it had faded :( although now, I love the colour! I was getting ready for a night out and had set it in some massive Velcro rollers. It turned out that it had actually held on to some of my previous highlights from last summer so voila! Instant caramel highlights! Here are some posey pics of what it looked like once I was ready :)

AFTER DAY 2: Caramel/Auburn colour (Yum!)

AFTER DAY 2: Caramel/Auburn colour (Yum!)

I now love my accidental new barnet and might even use ColourB4 again to go another shade lighter! I think the auburn colour brings out the green in my eyes more so it's deffinately a keeper :) 

Let me know if you have tried ColourB4 and what your results were? Accidental ginge? Or natural brunette? Incase you are wondering, you can purchase it here:

http://www.boots.com/en/Colour-B4-Hair-Colour-Remover-by-Scott-Cornwall-hair-expert-_1000978/