Monday, May 30, 2011

Skin Care Haul!

I haven't had a good look around Boots in ages and I fancied just spending ages browsing the shelves to see what was out at the moment! I am majorly in to skin care at the moment and I feel like having great skin does wonders for your makeup application. I have been trying out tonnes of new skin care items, I love purchasing things that will help me have more confidence in my skin, allowing me to reveal my freckles! I am so not confident about my freckles and although people tell me they love them, I just can't seem to brave my bare skin!

Anyway, I had heard great things about the Boots Botanics line of skin care. It is affordable and natural. I came across loads of things from them that looked exciting but decided to hold back and purchase two things from the range. The first being this, the Face Smoothing Cleansing Balm. It is made from 97% natural ingredients and reminded me a lot of two other cleansing balms, the Eve Lom one and one from Monu. Both much more expensive than this one! I have used it once and it's fab! Smells lovely and although it feels as if you're rubbing Vaseline all over your face, it certainly cleanses your skin! You remove it in the same way as my Liz Earle, with a hot muslin cloth (provided in the box).

Organic Soothing Cleansing Balm - £6.63

Also, from the Botanics line I picked up this lovely looking toner. I must admit, I love the packaing from this line of products, it's simple and organic looking. This next product is the Rosewater Toner and really does smell beautiful! It is so calming and just leaves your skin feeling squeeky clean!

Organic Rosewater Toner - £4.07

Next, an item that was recommend by the lovely and gorgeous Barbara of ThePersianbabe. Check her videos out here: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePersianbabe

She has been mentioning the Effaclar M cream by La Roche-Posay a lot at the moment, it is aimed at slightly more oily skin types and is supposed to tighten up your pores over time, allowing for less and less oils to be released throughout the day. It regulates the amount of sebum that is released throughout your skin as well as mattifying your face. It also claims to be a great makeup base/primer. SOLD! It is around £14 (I couldn't find an exact price for this one as it wasn't on the Boots website!)

La Roche-Posay Effaclar M - £14 (ish!)

Then, another cleanser. I have been wanting to try this one out for a while too as it has been mentioned by Gemma (Gemsmaquillage) and also, Barbara (ThePersianbabe). They have talked about the Avene cleanser in videos before saying that it just a really simply formulated, gentle cleanser that gets everything off with no fuss. It hardly smells of anything and is great for getting your makeup off at the end of a long day. It markets itself as a 'No-Rinse Tissue-off formula', basically meaning that no water or post-face-washing is required! You simply apply it with cotton pads all over your face, wait for the makeup to melt away and then wipe it off with tissues. Now, personally I have really gotten in removing my makeup/cleansers with a hot muslin cloth so I think that is also what I would do with this. I feel like it would be far more effective to steam and wash the cleanser away rather than just rub it with a tissue! Anyway, up to you!

Avene Eau Thermale Extremely Gentle Cleanser - £8.00

All the items I have mentioned can be bought in store at Boots or at http://www.boots.com/

Let me know what your skin care must-haves are! I would love to try anything new out! :)