Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Gel Eye Liner wars... MAC vs INGLOT vs MAYBELLINE

Well here I am with another review and this review ladies is not just another review... It is a review that attempts to bring Maybelline Inglot and MAC at par where there gel eye liners are concerned. Well you see, I haven't really been a gel liner girl... I started out with pencil kajals and liners and then graduated to liquid liners and have been really loyal to them ever since... But recently I ve been smitten with these gel eye liners thanks to all beauty blogs doing the rounds in the blogosphere and well I am HOOKED!!! You see when I say hooked I mean hook, line and sinker hooked, I mean not look at any other liquid liners and pencil liners hooked, I mean even scoff at non-gel users hooked!

Yes I am guilty of shifting my loyalties out of liquids and pencils to gels! I started out with Maybelline's Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eye Liner and was so impressed with gel liners that I actually continued using it for 5 straight months... Then I wanted to try out a blue and a plum but alas Maybelline is just trying out the gel liner market in India and so have introduced only black in India :(  I then had the good fortune of getting myself an Inglot Matte Gel Eye Liner in a shade numbered 83 which is actually an Indigo blue (logic behind shade numbers and no shade names is beyond me). This I used for a total of 4 days and was loving it so much that I wanted another shade in it... But then fortunately I live in Pune and the only INGLOT stores that I have access to are either in Mumbai where my parents live or in Delhi where my in-laws do... So I decided to wait till I make a trip to either of the cities... But my impatience got the better of me and I ended up buying a fluidline from MAC in Macroviolet (yes Pune has a MAC but no Inglot, Shocking!)...




Inglot Gel Liner Matte in 83; Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner;
MAC Fluidline in Macroviolet




MAC: Made in Canada; INGLOT: Made in Poland; Maybelline: Made in China




As evident, the fluidline is still unused and untested
I am yet to try out the fluidline and so you guys will need to wait for a couple of more days for me to try it out to my heart's content and then give you a comparative reviews of all three gel liners :) Well yes! my "expert knowledge" of cosmetics and brands does gimme a fair idea of the likely winner of the gel liner wars but then again one never knows!

So ladies... watch this space for more ;)

For the results click here