Saturday, August 20, 2011

LOTD: Spanish Flamenco Dancer Inspired

I have been planning to do this look i.e. a look inspired by Espaniol Bailarines De Flamenco since a long time now, but the final trigger was the song "Senorita" in the movie "Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara" :) After watching the movie, I just knoew I had to try it out and so here it is :)
Now a word of caution... You guys'll have to be really kind with your criticism here :P LOL
The aim behind doing this look was to look a bit OTT and yet depict the powerful sensuality that Spanish women are known to possess and that flamenco dancers liberally ooze out with their every tapping step... So here goes...
The look!
As you can see here, I have kept my face a bit shiny or rather glowy and have gone with red lips, which is signature to Spanish Flamenco dancers. I have also tied up my hair in a side roll and attached a flowery accessory to it. The eyes of course are heavily done up. I have gone with a golden smokey look here, in order to make my eyes look more slanted :) And yes as is obvious I have accentuated my eyes with false lashes :)
A sideview
The products that I used for this look are as follows:
Face
1. Streetwear Crystal Shine Face Brightener

Eyes
1. Faces Sparkle Dust in Gold (review here)
2. MAC eyeshadow in Beauty Marked
3. VOV false eye lashes'
4. MAC Paint Pot in Painterly (review here)
5. Maybelline Gel Liner (review here)
6. Colorbar Precision Waterproof Liquid Liner
7. Maxfactor False Lash Effect Mascara
Lips
1. Maybelline Lip Liner in Nude
2. Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick in hot hot hot (review here)
Cheeks
1. Maxfactor Creamy Blush in Soft Copper
2. Maybelline blush in Apricot Flush 
Let me know how you guys find the look :)