Wednesday, August 10, 2011

LOTD & Tutorial: Soft Peach and Pink Smokey Look

Yoohoo.. It's been so long since I did a tutorial and well to think about it, there was a time when I so enjoyed putting up my random LOTDs and titorials. But now being wrapped up with product reviews (well yes I have been a hoarder!) I totally forgot about doing some of my favorite tutes :) Just yesterday someone told me how she hated when beauty bloggers flaunted their superbly done makeups and EOTDs and LOTDs but not give an insight on how to chieve them. Ahem! Well needless to say I was left wondering if she was talking about me! No! I am not claiming that I do just "perfect" make-up but then you guys do get the drift! LOL!
So now I came up with this ridiculously easy LOTD and I am so hoping that you guys try it out and share your results with me. I will be deeply honored :) Honestly!
Here's a sneak peek at what we are gonna be achieving by the end of this tutorial. It's a soft peach and crimson smokey look:
The Look :)
I wanted to do a look with my Coastal Scents 88 Original Palette and well rest as they say is history :) The products that I have used for this look is:
The Products...
Face:
Garnier Body Cocoon Moisturizer
Eyes:
MAC Paint Pot in Painterly (as base) (review here)
Peach (Shade 1) from Coastal Scents 88 Original Palette
Crimson (Shade 2) from Coastal Scents 88 Original Palette
Black (Shade 3) from Coastal Scents 88 Original Palette
Maybelline Lasting Drama Eye Studio Gel Liner in Black (review here)


Maybelline Colossal Volume Mascara

Cheeks:
Colorbar Blush in Plum Brown

Lips:
Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick in HOT HOT HOT (review here)

Now that we are done with listing of the products, here goes the tutorial:
1. First off, prep your eye lids with an eye-shadow base. I used MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
Used MAC Painterly Paint Pot as base...
2. This step is optional. You can buff your lids with loose powder. I haven't done so.
3. Next, I applied shade 1 (peach) all over my lids with a flat eye-shadow brush.
Shade 1: Peach
4. Then applied some shade 2 (crimson) on my crease area and blended with a good fluffy blending brush.
Shade 2: Crimson

5. You could line your eyes now and finish off but I needed it to be a bit more dramatic and so took some shade 3 (black) and blended it in my outer V of my eyes.
6. Next I lined my eyes with Maybelline's Lasting Drama Eye Studio Gel Liner in Black and applied some Maybelline Colossal Volume Mascara.
7. On my lips I applied Colorbar Velvet Matte lipstick in Hot Hot Hot and then kissed a tissue ;)
8. Finally applied some Colorbar Blush in Plum Brown and VOILA I was ready to go :)

You guys do try this out and I would love to receive your looks if you care to share them with me :)
xoxo