Tuesday, August 9, 2011

REVIEW & LOTD: Maybelline Expert Wear Blush in Pinch O' Pink

It's no secret that I am crazy about eye make-up and just simply adore eye-shadows in all shades and colors.. Just lately I have started investing (yes I call it investing, cause good products just never let you down in the future :P) in lipsticks and blushes cause you know eyes might be mirrors to your souls but lips are the mirrors to your thoughts and well pink/red/highlighted cheeks just look so pretty ;)

I must say that I don't really own a hoard of blushes just about 4 to 5 and so for me to do this review is fairly simple as I am not really spoilt for choice. Ha Ha! Now one thing that most of us bloggers and blog readers make a point to do is that we read several reviews of a particular product before venturing into buying it... It of course makes sense to be aware of what you are buying, after all money is hard to earn ;) So, well before buying this particular blush from Maybelline, I did do some extensive research on the blogosphere. Hence, you can be rest assured that this product isn't going to be very terrible!! But in order to know if it meets expectations, exceeds expectations or even far exceeds expectations, you'll need to continue reading ;)


IMAGE OF THE PRODUCT

Maybelline Blush in Pinch O' Pink

LOTD
Not very flattering on an NC40 skin tone
Oooohs and Aaaahhhhss!

1. The product as such is very finely milled and hence very smooth to apply.
2. Does not cause any reaction or allergies.
3. It has this really and I mean really fine shimmer, which looks really pretty. It gives a subtle glow to my cheekbones :)
4. Ridiculously inexpensive and it is really difficult to go wrong with something that is so pocket friendly :P
5. I have extremely dry skin and this does not dry me out much maybe because I moisturize like crazy. Not that it wont suit oily skinned girls cause I have read rave reviews about this product from oily skinned beauties as well :)
6. The color is buildable i.e. one swipe doesn't give you a lot of color. You need to keep layering the color with generous sweeps in order to make the shade brighter. And trust me this is an awesome quality for a blush especially for beginners ;) But for some this could be a con!
7. Surprisingly, the tiny brush that comes with the blush isn't actually useless... It is pretty decent and well can come in handy especially if you are on the go and dont want to carry a proper blush brush :D Yay for that!
8. It's great for those who are starting to use make-up and in the experimenting phase.
9. The packaging is really cute and sleek and it is very very travel friendly :)

Ouches!

1. Staying power isn't really that good, stays on for like 3 hours max. But since I moisturize my face like crazy and use a body lotion on my face (Yes i do! Sue Me :P), the blush stays for say 4-5 hours.
2. I am an NC40 and this pink isn't really flattering on me ;) In fact it looks horrible on me. Those with fairer skin-tone might just LOVE it!
3. It could be a bit drying for dry skinned girls. But it's basically dependent on how you moisturize your skin.

Price

It costs INR 209/-. What is the logic behind the "9"? My guess is as good as yours...

Repurchase?

Not this shade but yes the range is good so maybe another shade in it :)

Would I recommend it?

Like I said, this range is great for make-up beginners and even virgins (in make-up ofcourse) and this particular shade could be extremely flattering on fair skin. I am an NC40 and it looks terrible on me :(


Overall Rating

5.5/10