Friday, September 9, 2011

REVIEW & LOTD: Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick in Smoky Rose

I have always been told and well I have also always read everywhere that matte lipsticks are not for thin lips and I have always followed this rule until maybe recently. Why have I stopped following this rule? No! Not because my lips have become plump, they are still petite (yes i prefer petite to thin ;)), but because I discovered the wonderful world of Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipsticks and also a fool proof way to apply matte lippies on thin lips :) So much so that now Colorbar Velvet Matte is my favorite range of lipsticks. Well yes I am yet to try out MAC Matte lippies and so of course my fav can change anytime ;)
Another reason why I have started preferring matte lipsticks is because they are long stay lippies and the Colorbar ones really stay for very long on my lips :) They easily stay from 10 to 10 with two meals, two apples and numerous cups of coffee in between. They do start fading out but a stain or tint is still visible at the end of the day :) My newest purchase from this range is called Smoky Rose and I'll be reviewing it in this post.
The shade Smoky Rose can be described as a muted pink and is a light pink that would suit a lot of Indian Skin-tones. I am an NC40 and it suits me really well :)
Image of the Product
Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick
Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick in Smoky Rose
Swatch

LOTD
Oooohsss and Aaahhhss!
1. Its a lovely feminine shade and goes well with all outfits. The pink is not OTT!
2. Even though it is a matte lippy, it is quite moisturizing and I have never felt it drying on  my lips. It is actually quite creamy!
3. It's quite affordable.
4. Love the packaging... A lot of people don't but I really do!
5. Whenever I go to the Colorbar counter, I end up getting some offer or the other :)
6. It does have an odd odor but very subtle and is also tasteless.
7. Has a good coverage and is great for pigmented lips as well.
8. Have great staying power
Ouches!
1. As it is a matte lippy, women with chapped and severly dry lips may not like it.
2. Availability of Colorbar products is an issue.
Price
It costs INR 220/-
Repurchase?
If it get over then definitely.
Would I Recommend?
Oh yes! For sure! But those with chapped lips might not like to go for these matte lippies.
Overall Rating
9/10