Tuesday, September 20, 2011

REVIEW & LOTD: Faces Cosmetics Kajal

You know the feeling when you go back to something really basic, something that you started out with but have not used since a long time? The exhileration, the feeling of deja vu, the nostalgia? That's exctly how I felt when I got myself a kajal two days ago :) Yes I, who swore by gel liners and MAC pencils went and got myself a typical Kajal :) And trust me my joy knows no bounds :) I had been reading such rave reviews about this particular kajal that when I walked into the Faces Store at Phoenix Mall, all I could think about was getting myself a Faces Cosmetics' Kajal :)
Yes of course, even though there are loads of reviews in the beauty blogosphere raving about the amazing qualities of the Faces Kajal, I shall be be reviewing it too cause I plan to make it a part of my giveaway and want you guys to know what a wonderful product this is :)
This is an intensely black kajal in a typical kajal container something that resembles kajals by Lotus and Shahnaz Hussain. But this one has a mirror attached and it is sharpened till the end :) A more point by point pros and cons follow...
Image of the Product
Faces Cosmetics Kajal
Faces Kajal
Faces Kajal sharpened till the end
Swatches
Single Swipe: Ok pigmentation; Triple Swipe: Intense Black
LOTD/EOTD

LOTD using Faces Kajal
Oooohhsss and Aaaahhhs!
1. A very intense black. Single swipe isn't all that dark but three swipes down and you are sporting the epitome of jetness of black...
2. Smudges very little and yes I mean very little!
3. Waterproof? Ooh Yes! We have gotten ourselves a waterproof kajal ladies :)
4. They have no smell and certainly no tingling sensation when applied on the waterline.
5. They do not itch and do not cause any reactions... I slept with this kajal on (the lengths I go for you guys :P) and well it neither irritated my eyes in the morning nor did it smudge or fade!
6. Very very pocket friendly!
7. Has a cute and a very good quality mirror rectangular mirror attached to the container.
Ouches!
1. Don't really know how to sharpen it or if I would need to!
2. It does smudge a little, but then it's a kajal! Duh!
Price
It costs a comfortable INR 99/-
Repurchase?
It'll definitely last me really long. But then if it does get over I'll surely get myself another one :)
Would I recommend it?
Oh you bet! It's a definite buy and so I am including it in my giveaway too :) Yes I really love all you guys :)
Overall Rating
8.5/10