Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Reader Query: Highlighting the Bridge of my Nose


KichenBeautyBenefits from http://kitchenbeautybenefits.blogspot.com asks,
I've got a query!!if i apply a higlighter along the bridge of my nose, would it be necessary to like contour the sides of my nose with a darker blush? I dunno I read somewhere that people with super point nose apply highligters to make it look softer and I don't have that sharp a nose! Can I do it too?

First and foremost, we use a highlighter on the nose bridge to "highlight" the nose and make it more prominent :) I do not have a sharp nose rather quite a flat one so I highlight it to make it appear a bit sharper :) The logic being that the highlighter contains small shiny particles and sometimes even "Titanium Di Oxide", which are present in SPF as well. These particles have the property of reflecting light off the highlighted region thus giving it an illusion of being more prominent than other features :) So yes you can do it too :)

Secondly, when highlighting the bridge of the nose, applying a darker shade on the sides is ideal but in my opinion it looks a bit too artificial and "made-up". So unless, you are going for a video or a photoshoot, I wouldn't recommend applying the darker shade especially for daily wear :)