Wednesday, February 22, 2012

LOTD & A POTENTIAL VIDEO TUTORIAL: Classic Red Carpet Look

With so many award ceremonies and Red carpet looks I couldn't help but sigh and wish that I could get not to walk the Red carpet but actually do make-up for some those celebs... Not that I am a pro or anything but then a girl can wish now can't she? :) So rather than squashing my dream and dismissing it to some corner of my brain, I decided to do a red carpet makeup for myself. Now see I do not really do outfit posts, ok sometimes but I am not really cut out to choose a classy outfit, style it and then pose in it. I am just happy doing make-up for a make believe outfit :) And so I have just concentrated on the make-up imagining that I am wearing a pale taupe-gold fitted sheath dress, with its pencil skirt going till just below my knee and a really sexy pair of RED loubs! :D How's that for imagination?

So my make-up to match it is a soft Taupe smokey eyes with my "signature" Red lips :)

Here's the look :)





Products Used:
Face
1. The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Cream Compact in Golden Vanilla
2. Lakme Moonlit Highlighter and the Bronzer for highlighting and "low"lighting

Eyes
1. Bharat and Dorris Diamond Eye Shadow No 02 in the crease
2. Bharat and Dorris Water Color Eye Shadow in No 04 on the lid
3. Oriflame Mono Eye Shadow in Midnight Black for the smokey effect
4. Maybelline Gel Liner
5. Colorbar Water Proof Liquid Liner
6. Maxfactor False Lash Effect Mascara

Lips
1. Lakme Absolute Matte Lipstick in Classic Rose

Techniques of Note:
1. Smokey Eye Effect
2. Face contouring

P.S. If you guys want then I could do a video tutorial for this look as well. Just lemme know :D