Tuesday, February 7, 2012

REVIEW: Lush "Honey I Washed The Kids" Soap

I am a s*cker for handmade soaps and thus my visit and my first purchase from Lush was long overdue. My this lack of "Lush"ness was due to the fact initially Lush wasn't available in Pune and my quick and crisp trips to Delhi and Mumbai never really made it possible for me to visit their stores. But when Lush opened in Pune, not one but 2, I knew it was a sign from God that I "needed" to "Lush"ify my existence. And so one fine Saturday afternoon I stepped into the Lush store at Phoenix Market and literally got lost! :D I was at my wits-end about what I should buy and what I shouldn't! The SA finally came to my rescue and when I told her that I was a "Lush"-V*rgin, she very sweetly asked me my skin type and suggested I go for a soap and then try out other products :) Yay!

So, I picked up this soap called "Honey I Washed The Kid"! It was obviously it was named after that cute, funny movie "Honey I Shrunk The Kids" and I was sold! LOL! How hilarious does that sound?? :D

Appearance wise it looks like a Vanilla cake with a bees comb as the topping and it smells really sweet. Initially I wasn't too much of a fan of the fragrance, to me it smelled more like incense sticks but once I got used to it I fell in love with the smell as well :) The good part is after a bath you are left with a mild caramel-vanilla kind of a fragrance and lingers on for a good 4 hours :) It isn't really drying but neither is it moisturizing. So its somewhere in the middle.

Oh btw, it is an extremely popular soap from Lush. Just thought you might like to know :P

One major issue that I had with the soap was the top hard layer (that looked like the bees comb?). Well it is quite redundant and quite abrasive when applying the soap so one needs to cut it off before using the soap. 
Most hand made soaps melt easily and result in a lot product wastage. This too melts but I have a trick that saves such soaps from wastage. I cut the soap into smaller pieces and use them :)

Image of the Product
Lush Honey I Washed The Kids Soap
Ingredients
Ingredients List
Oooohhss And Aaaahhhss!!
1. It has a wonderful smell.
2. It is not drying.
3. Lush products are not tested on Animals :)
4. The soap is soft and hence cutting it into thinner slices is pretty easy!
5. I like the overall appearance of the soap a lot :)

Ouches!!
1. Its a tad bit on the expensive side!
2. The "bees comb" top layer of the soap is rough and abrasive.
3. Lush isn't available easily in all cities.
Price
It costs INR 504/- for 140 gms.

Repurchase?
I think I'd rather check out other Lush products that actually benefit me in some way :) It's way too expensive for a regular use soap for me :)
Would I Recommend?
If you do not mind buying such an expensive soap without any particular benefits then you could try it out. It does smell good and the fragrance lingers on for a pretty decent amount of time :)

Overall Rating:
8/10