Monday, March 19, 2012

Mothers Day & a trip to Grassington...

 
Mothers day in our family is always a time for celebration. It's a day in the year where we all come together (usually at our house!) and praise the mummy's! We usually get up early, take the presents and cards to mum and begin cooking in time for the hungry guests arriving! This year I was in charge of desserts and made a gorgeous (if I do say so myself) rhubarb and ginger crumble cake topped with toasted almonds - YUM! Post coming soon...

Many people seem to disagree with days like Valentines day and Mothers day, thinking that the love should be shared all year round instead of just on an assigned day. I have to agree with that, but why not treat someone special to a dedicated day of their own - it's an excuse to spoil them rotten! My mum was treated to a lovely bunch of beautiful pink, lilac and white flowers, placed in a quite fancy tear drop vase - I think they look so pretty in there! All topped off with a pink ribbon! Another little gift was this lovely mirrored heart-shaped photo frame with a cheesey pic of me and my brother inside, can I get an 'awwww!' please? Haha! Anyway, she loved all her gifts and that's all that matters. A great day was had by all and it was fab to see all the family back together again!

   
Another thing I wanted to tell you about was a little trip I took to Grassington at the weekend with my boyfriend. Let me tell you, that little village is the most idyllic, friendly and peaceful place I've been in a long time! The people there are just so relaxed and free of the stresses of the modern cities! It's almost like you've stepped back in time. The quaint little cobbled streets lead you from old fashioned toffee shops to crafty vintage style interiors! It has something for everyone.



The whole village is very dog friendly, so of course, Millie came along too! She loved sniffing around at the flowers and even made friends with another doggie called Lola earlier on in the day - she was a chubby little Pug! Bless. It's a brilliant place to take your pooches for a long, scenic walk, so if you're in the area - definitely stop by the high street for a spot of shopping. We stopped off at a little cafe for some lunch and I enjoyed a deliciously hot bowl of butternut squash, carrot and thyme soup! Dog's were even allowed in there too!


 We bought some gorgeous Mothers day gifts from this one shop at the bottom of the hill owned by the sweetest, happiest little old couple ever! They even offered to keep my purchases safe whilst we walked to the top of the hill so that my arms didn't get tired! Where else would you hear that now-a-days! If you are stuck for something to do one weekend I urge you to visit Grassington. It's just beautiful and definitely somewhere I can't wait to get back to. Let me know what you think to my non-beauty related posts? I have been on a few little outings recently and would love to share my photos and experiences with you!