Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I Have Been Tagged: Makeup Collection & Storage

Like I told you all the last time I did a tag post, I totally love being tagged and doing tag posts... It makes me feel special, it makes me feel loved by you all and it makes me feel that you guys genuinely want to get to know me better :) So a lot of love and hugs to you all who tag me and also to those who read my tags :) <3

This time I have been tagged by Dipika of http://divassence.blogspot.in/ to show my makeup collection and their storage :) But a few pointers before that...

  • I love makeup and I buy them randomly. I dislike when people tell me that I am a "hoarder". I much prefer the term "collector" after all makeup is a piece of a art and the one who "collects" makeup products should be termed as a collector and the products as "collector's items" :P <Yes I tend to have my head in the clouds> :P
  • I love my products to be all displayed, so I do not use a lot of drawers and tend to have        everything displayed on my dresser. Nope don't take me to be pretentious when I show you the pics ;)
I have a very pretty dresser gifted to me by my mom for my wedding. Yes of course I got a lot of gifts from my parents and relatives but my mom knew nothing would make me happier than a pretty dresser and well she got me one :) It was kind of a surprise for me cause she never told me about it... So obviously all my makeup is "displayed" on my dresser itself and well that is my favorite piece of furniture in my whole house :)

Now let me warn you all that I "do up" my dresser every Friday night (yup! its a ritual) and by next Thursday its all cluttered again. So I do it up again on the next Friday and well its a cycle now ;)
Below are the pics of my dresser on a Thursday and on a Friday :P
Cluttered Thursday
Organized Friday
Ok now about the storage...
Well I got this manicure set made of acrylic from Oriflame when I was an Oriflame agent. I now use it as a lipstick holder. Yup it is overflowing and I need to get myself another one ;) A part of the manicure set was an acrylic box, which I use to store my fluidlines and gel liners and I use the lid to store my glosses (yup i have very few glosses)...

Paint Pots, Fluidlines and Gel Liners
Lipsticks and Lip Glosses

My dresser has three shelves. I use the top shelf to store my mono and duo eye shadows and use the third shelf for my palettes. I use the middle shelf to store my compacts and foundations and face primers :)
My Foundations and Compacts

My Palettes :)

My Monos and Duos :)

My dresser also has two drawers, One drawer is used to store my hair bands, clips, hair ties and other accessories  while the other drawer stores my nail polishes :)
Hair and Beauty Accessories

Nail Accessories

Finally I store my blushes on one corner of my dresser, my creams and lotions on the other...

I keep my makeup brushes in a pink plastic box on the shelf next to my dresser....

In addition to all this, I have a teeny blue basket that stores my "in a hurry" products. I basically keep them apart cause when am in a rush, I needn't look for stuff and just reach out to the blue basket. I sometimes even carry it with me to the car ;)

Plus I keep my fragrances and other body lotions in the bathroom... Here they are:
Yup! Pati and I keep our fragrances together :)

I hope you all liked the post :)

Now I shall be tagging three of you and they are:
1. Ankita of Corallista.com