Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Reader Request: Make-up for a Pink Dress

Garima asks,

Email1

Hey samyukta,
I am  big fan your blog and spl love d way have given tutorials for makeup.They are extremely helpful for newbies like me..Its a great effort u are putting into it;even tried doing face contouring using your tutorial and also  few eye makeups
I needed a lil help of yours. I would be wearing a pink carrotish color suit fr wedding.
If you can help me with the make up suggestion.
I have small eyes and dark circles too.
I am attaching pic of my dress for clarity of color.
Thanking you:)
loads of love

Email2
I basically fit into medium skin tone nd have just started using TV Paint stick by kryolan in FS28 and FS303 as concealer.
If you can particularly help me with the eye makeup part.

Hey Garima :) First off thank you so much for following my bog and liking it so much :) It means a lot... And thank u for recognizing my efforts :D <3 <3
Secondly let me tell you that seeing your pics that you sent me in the follow up emails I totally loved your skin :) Gorgeous skin you have :)
Finally lets get down to business ;) As you have asked me specifically for the eye makeup, I'll just concentrate on that...
1. You are using the perfect foundation and concealer, so I'll not butt in ;)
2. For the eyes, I would suggest you to go for bright/light make-up and to stay away from heavy smokey eyes look! 
3. Since I recommend lighter eyes, I would suggest you to go for a bright pink lippy :) It would totally enhance your skin and brighten your face.
4. For the eye makeup, I have done two looks, pick whichever you think is appropriate for you.


Look1
Look2

Look1 



For this look, I have used baby pink eye shadow, a neutral brown shadow and a shimmery purple shadow...
1. Apply MAC Painterly Paint Pot on the eye lids as a base



2. Apply a light shimmery eye shadow on the brow bone area as a highlighter. I have used MAC Nylon.



3. Apply a neutral brown/beige eye shadow using a blending brush in the crease area to make the eyes look more prominent and deep. I have used MAC Texture using MAC brush 226.


4. Apply a light pink eye shadow with a flat brush on the lid area below the crease. I have used MAC Sushi Flower.



5. Taking a blending brush, take a shimmery purple eye shadow and apply in the crease area over the neutral brown shadow. I am using Colorbar Purple Passion.



6. Take a clean blending brush and blend well in the crease area.
7. Then take a silver eye shadow and apply in the inner corners of the eyes both on the upper and lower lashline.



8. Finally, apply kajal and liner in a wing :)


Look2
This look is simpler than the previous one. All it requires is a silver glittery eye shadow and a black eye shadow.
1. Apply an eye shadow base on the lid area.
2. Apply a glittery silver eye shadow on the lid.
3. Taking a blending brush, apply the black eye shadow lightly in the outer V and blend well.
4. Finish off with kajal and a winged liner :)