Thursday, July 26, 2012

REVIEW: Kiehl's Stylist Series Silk Groom Serum

Unlike my skin, my hair has a mind of its own... It ignores my pleas, my efforts behind it and completely disregards the amount of money I spend on trying to tame it... Sometimes I feel like pet owner where my skin is a dog and my hair, a cat :P Strange analogy, I know... But pet owners and lovers will agree for sure ;)

This was the story of my life until I found Kiehl's Silk Groom Serum. This was the first product that I bought from Kiehl's and I must say that this totally got me hooked to the brand! I got it from the Kiehl's store in Inorbit Mall in Mumbai when Jinal, Preetha and Jyoti had met up long long time ago ;)

What The Brand Claims
"For A Glossy, Non-Frizz Finish". This unique, ultra-light and non-greasy serum tames frizzy and rebellious hair for a groomed look with a glossy shine. Infused with a blend of natural oils derived from Sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and Soy beans, our formula smoothes frizz and dry-ends and controls hair without weighing it down. Our blend enriched with Vitamin E, protects hair from humidity and boosts shine, leaving hair clean, soft and silky.
For styles ranging from smooth and straight to curly and wavy.

Directions For Use 
Apply a few drops into palm, rub together and smooth through clean, damp hair from roots to ends. Finish with a blow-drier or allow to dry naturally for a non-frizz look or for glossy, springy curls. Apply on dry hair to control split ends and fly-aways.

What I Think?
Well, it doesn't make any claims to nourish your hair and make it stronger and longer and all that jazz. It just says that it tames the frizz and gives a glossy shine to your hair. And yup! It does what it claims to do... FULL STOP... Nothing more, nothing less. No it does not make ones hair greasy and nope it doesn't weight it down... It smells so fresh and spicy-herby... I totally love it!
It comes in a convenient pump dispenser bottle and a little product really really goes a long way! I have been using it since February every single day and I have just finished half of the bottle :) Not bad right? :)

Image of the Product:


On My Hair

Ooohhss And Aaahhhsss!!!
1. It tames frizz and makes your hair feel silky smooth
2. Adds shine and gloss to dull hair.
3. Is not greasy and does not weigh down ones hair
4. Has a very pleasant and a unique fragrance
5. Just a little bit of product goes a really long way.
6. Has a pump dispenser and hence is great to prevent wastage of product :)

Ouches!!
1. It is a bit on the expensive side.
2. Kiehl's products are not available easily in all cities.

Price
It is priced a bit steeply at INR 1350/- for 75ml.

Repurchase?
Oh definitely!

Do I Recommend?
I definitely do recommend for all types of hair. The most endearing thing is that they deliver what they claim! No false claims and no hogwashing the customers.

Overall Rating:
10/10