Saturday, September 29, 2012

REVIEW: Vivel 3-in-1 Face Wash+Scrub

OMG I feel like I am doing a product review after ages and yup it has been a while hasn't it :) Thanks to all of you, who missed and actually wrote to me saying so :) It is mails like these that make my hobby of being a beauty blogger all the more special :) Thank you!

Today, I shall be reviewing Vivel's 3-in-1 Face Wash+Scrub for soft, clear and glowing skin. It is supposed to be "All Skin Types" and "For Everyday Use". It contains jojoba beads, which are nothing but Jojoba esters created by complete hydrogenation of Jojoba oils. The oils are used as emollients and the esters or the beads are used for exfoliation.

Vivel Face wash+scrub is actually what is it called. It has these exfoliating jojoba beads floating in a face wash. The exfoliating beads are just right, they are not at all harsh and neither do they dissolve in water very fast. I loved the product as a scrub. It does have a strong fragrance but it isn't unbearable or synthetic smelling.

The product did have a downside though and that was the fact that I do not think it is suitable for dry skin. Though they claim that it is for all skin types but after a couple of uses I started finding dry patches on my skin (I do have extremely dry skin), very similar to the ones caused by Clean and Clear face washes. So I asked my friend with oily skin to try it and well she apparently loved it. So I guess its a fabulous product for those with oily skin but dry skin beauties are better off without it...

Image of the Product


Swatch

Oooohhsss And Aaaahhhsss!!!
1. The jojoba beads are of the perfect hardness and texture for exfoliation. They weren't harsh on the skin.
2. It really and I mean really helped me scrub away dead cells. My skin actually felt all sparkly and clean!
3. I like the fact that it has both a scrub as well as a face wash. It was awesome to have a lather working up while exfoliating.
4. Very very easily and widely available in all general and departmental stores.

Ouches!!!
1. Though they claim the product to be for all skin types, it does not suit dry skin.
2. It does have a somewhat strong fragrance.

Price
it costs INR 105/- for 100 ml.

Would I Recommend?
I would for sure recommend it for oily skinned ladies who are looking for a good scrub with an oil control face wash. But dry skinned beauties should stay away from this product.

Overall Rating:
5/10 - Dry Skin
8/10 - Oily Skin

The product was sent by PR for consideration. It has in no way affected my review.