Saturday, September 29, 2012

September JolieBox Review

  
This September's JolieBox is focused around the theme of London Fashion Week. They have teamed up with boohoo.com to deliver us some fashionable goodies for the girl on the go. My first impressions when opening this box were rather mixed, often when I see lots of tiny bits and pieces I am left wondering 'where is the star product?'. So, with that in mind, let's see what's inside:


1. Balmi Mint Lip Balm: This lip balm reminds me so much of the EOS lip balms sold in America. This is mint flavoured and has a cooling effect on the lips. It contains SPF 15 protect your lips from harmful UVA rays and it is super moisturising! I love that it comes on a handy little key ring too.
2. I Love... Coconut Face Mask: Excited to try this one out as I love anything coconut scented! This is a peel off mask that contains fruit extracts of mango and cucumber, renowned for their antioxidant properties to give you perfect looking skin. I'm sure this one will smell good enough to eat!
3. REDKEN Align 12 Protective Straightening Lotion: This lotion is designed to banish frizz, protect the hair from heat and deliver naturally straight results. It smells devine so I can't wait to try it out. I have been a big fan of REDKEN products for many years now so I'm sure I wont be disappointed.
4. Twistband Hair Ties: These hair ties are supposed to leave your hair bump free, making it easy to let down your locks after a day of being in a pony-tail without a kink in sight. Or so they say. I can't say I love the look of these and am slightly disappointed in this product. They just look like a stray piece of elastic that is left frayed at the end. In my box was a shimmery, khaki green coloured one and a mustard yellow. Hmm, not really my style and I can't say I'll be wearing these out in public, sorry Twistband!
5. Dr Bragi Bio Marine Exfoliant: It certainly is a good job JolieBox included two of these samples as they are teeny-tiny! This is a marine based exfoliant to smooth, cleanse, brighten and renew tired skin. It's packed with 'fossilised diatom algae' and is 98% natural.


 One other thing I love about the new JolieBoxes is the addition of the JolieMag. I love having a flick though this at bed time with my cup of green tea! It's easy to read and often has fabulous recommendations. I love the JolieBlogger of the month segment too - this month featured another familiar face, the gorgeous Sammi from beautycrush.co.uk. Also in this Septembers JolieBox was a £25 voucher card for Skin3 Salon in London (fabulous if you live near enough to use it!).


What are your opinions on this months JolieBox? Available to purchase until 30th September.