Thursday, June 16, 2011

A little bit of Chanel...

As a few of you may know, I have been away in Paris this past weekend. It really was lovely! Such a beautiful city and the shops are to die for! I will be doing a Paris post shortly showing you some photo's of what I've been up to over there :)

We we're staying on the Champs-Élysées which was amazing for shopping and good food (very expensive though!) but decided to get a taxi over to Saint Germain one day to visit Le Bon Marche. (A huge shopping center - equivalent to Harrods!) I must admit, I felt a bit faint when I saw all the beauty counters! They were gorgeous! I hopped on over to the Chanel counter as there were a few things I'd been wanting to test out and see in person. I think I was in holiday mode and just decided to splash out on the infamous cream bronzer everyone has been talking about! Behold, Bronze Universel (now know as "Soleil Tan De Chanel").

The lady at the counter wrapped it up so beautifully in a little Chanel bag with ribbons and tissue paper!


Here is the product. I was actually a little disappointed that the container was not glass (for some reason it was glass in my head!) but you still get a very heavy feeling, high quality product. It has been hyped about so much by beauty junkies all over the world but for some reason I have never picked up until now (even though I knew it looked like my kinda' thing). I am a sucker for anything cream based for my face, not a fan of looking really matte.


The colour is great and would suit all skin tones if applied with the right technique. The texture is hard, almost like hardened butter (ish) but does not feel greasy or sticky, it almost turns to a power as you blend it in. Not 100% matte though, more of a satin finish - very hard to describe!!


The colour when swatch is a golden bronze shade, not too dark but enough to warm up the complextion perfectly. It's such a multi-purpose product that I can tell I am going to get a lot of use from. You can use it under your foundation to warm up the skin and give you a bronze-y glow, or over the top as either a contour, bronzer or blush. I should also point out that it does not contain any shimmer.

The product costs £28 (expensive, I know) but trust me, it is well worth it. This will last you forever! It is huge. Containing 30 grams of product, it really is more than double what you get in a regular bronzer (usually always less than 10 grams!)

Hope you enjoyed the post, let me know if you have this, or are thinking of purchasing it?