Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mixing Lipsticks to get new Lipsticks!

Today for a change, when I was craving for some new makeup, instead of buying some I actually MADE some! OMFG you heard it right! I MADE SOME NEW MAKEUP! LOL! :D Ok trust it wasn't really rocket science and it's not something I invented myself! The recipe to mix and make new lipsticks has been doing the rounds of the blogosphere for quite some time now. It's just that I finally got around doing something constructive... Well yes it partly because of the fact that it is the end of month and I am desperately waiting for my new paycheck to go out shopping :P Ah! the struggles in life I tell you! ;)
So anyways, what did I mix and how did I mix and what did I finally get? OK! first I sorted out the required and not required lipsticks that I have been stashing since quite sometime now and that's exactly how I came across the two likely candidates ripe for my experiment ;) Ta da... Ladies and gentlemen please meet MAYBELLINE Colorsensational in ICED ORCHID and Oriflame SEDUCTIVE NUDE. As the names might suggest, one is a bright pink-Purplish shade (I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it) and the other is a glittery Nude shade... So I mixed them both and got myself a new shade, which I call "Seductive Orchid" (How original right!) *sarcasm* :DSo what did I do?
Well I just chopped off some lipsticks from both the sticks and put them on a steel spoon. Then I heated the spoon by keeping a candle below. Once the whole thing was melted, I poured it into a tiny tub like conainer, stick it int he freezer for exactly 3 mins and VOILA my new shade was ready to use :)





















Let me know what you guys think about it...