Monday, August 22, 2011

REVIEW & LOTD: Faces Sparkle Dust in Gold (Shade 2)

This post has been long due from my side and I have somehow always shelved reviewing this product even though it is my HG loose pigment in a golden shade. Whenever I need to use a golden eye-shadow I automatically turn towards it, it is such a favorite of mine :)
This product is called Faces Sparkle Dust in Shade 2... It is beyond me why Faces refuses to name their shades... Remembering numbers and co-relating them to shades is like quite difficult :(
I bought it when I was preparing, collecting and buying cosmetics that I needed to do my wedding make-up. You know how Indian weddings are with glittery lehengas, sarees, "glitterier" jewellery and of course "loud" make-up to go with it all, don't you? Indian brides are literally transformed into a Goddess :) So then obviously I needed a golden eye-shadow for my make-up :) And it just couldn't be any shade of Golden!!! It had to be a bright, glittery and very sparkly golden. But you see I am not really a very OTT person and I prefer things subtle and more subdued, so I had this huge inner turmoil thing going on inside of me as to what kind of a golden I should go for. But then I stumbled upon this beauty... And I was charmed... Charmed for life :)
This shade of golden sparkle dust was like wow! It was perfect! it was glittery but still had a subtle effect... I don't know how to explain in to you guys :) Maybe an LOTD will help :) The golden has an orange-ish tinge to it and it really looks very pretty when applied on the eyes. It looks gorgeous as a smokey look like I have done <here>, it looks really pretty on it's own and it looks gorgeous when blended with another complimenting shade too... What more could I ask for?
Image of the Product
Faces Sparkle Dust in Shade 2
 
Swatches
Faces Sparkle Dust in Gold looks best as is or with MAC Paint Pot in IndianWood
LOTD
My Wedding photo: Faces Sparkle Dust Gold and Red blended
Oooohs and Aaahhhhs!
1. A wonderful golden shade. Goes with almost all Indian outfits excepting ones in silver (duh!)
2. Lasts really long though I have always used it over MAC Painterly Paint Pot.
3. Very good pigmentation.
4. Even though it's in a loose pigment form, I have never noticed any fall out. It could be in my technique too :P
5. The particles are really fine and contains no chunky or tacky glitter.
6. Blends like a dream.
7. Never caused me any allergies or reactions.
8. Inexpensive
9. Contains a lot of product.
Ouches!
1. It's in a loose pigment form and many may have difficulty using it if they are not used to it.
Price
It costs INR 250/-
Repurchase?
If I finish it then yes of course, if not then I will surely go for other shades in this range :)
Would I recommend it?
Are you kidding me? Do I really need to answer that after I have been practically raving about it this whole post? :P
Yes of course I recommend it :)
Overall Rating
9.5/10