Tuesday, August 23, 2011

REVIEW & LOTD: MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Cosmo

Cosmopolitan (Cosmo in short) has always been a favorite of mine... the cocktail? yes! the magazine? oh yes! the MAC lippy? Well lets see :P Oh yes this post is dedicated to reviewing the ever-popular MAC Cosmo, which is an Amplified Creme lipstick and has a cult following in India especially in the blogging world :) Well yes the obsession is because it is a yummy brown-pink that suits most skintones!
So when I came across all this hullabaloo about this lippy, the curiosity got the better of me and I went ahead and bought it :) While purchasing it, the SA actually beamed at me as if to say "good choice girlie! better late than never"... hahahaha... But you know what the funny thing is? Cosmo never caught my eye whenever I went to buy MAC lipsticks earlier. I noticed it just because it was so raved about on the blogosphere... If I hadn't ever read about it then most probably I would have never bought it... But then that's just me :P
I am not saying that it is a bad lipstick, it is actually a very good one and very flattering to a lot of skin tones, its creamy, it smells yum and above all it is MAC but what I am trying to say is that it isn't a show stopper. It is a perfect pinkish-nude for medium skin tones... very subtle and subdued... I personally rarely use it cause I tend to tan easily and when tanned, it ends up looking really pale on me... Plus I have a tough time deciding my eye make-up that pairs well with Cosmo... But if you are on the fairer side, then you surely got yourself a HG lipstick. It is HG material no doubting it :)
The quality of this range of lipsticks (amplified creme) is just sooooo smooth. It feels so light and so buttery on my lips.... And the signature choco-vanilla flavor of all MAC lippies is just so tempting :)
Image of the Product
The Ever Popular MAC Cosmo
It's an Amplified Creme! Yay!
Pinkish-Brown!
Swatch
LOTD
This is how it looks on my lips.
Ooohhss and Aahhhss!
1. Very versatile color and it suits a range of skin-tones.
2. Amplified creme lipsticks feel very buttery and smooth on the lips. They are very comfortable to wear.
3. It's an opaque shade and hence gives good coverage.
4. The lipstick has a choco-vanilla flavor, which is signature to MAC lippies
Ouches!
1. The shade makes me look a tad pale/washed out
2. It's expensive!
3. It doesn't stay on me for long :( max 2-3 hours without eating or drinking!
Price
The cost ranges between 900/- to 990/-
Repurchase?
Yes to other shades from this range :)
Would I recommend it?
Honestly? Well it's a nice shade to have and if you are on the fairer side or like neutral shades then purchase it blindly :P But if you prefer brighter shades or are on the duskier side then I would recommend you to first try it on your lips and then decide to purchase or not!
Overall Rating
8.5/10
If it reminds you of Maybelline Colorsensational in Warm Me Up, then let me tell you that if you mix a bit of Pink into Warm Me Up then you do get MAC Cosmo :)