Wednesday, August 3, 2011

REVIEW & LOTD: MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

This is one product that I just cannot live with out and well let me tell you that without these beauties doing my make-up would be worthless and totally redundant (Drama Queen? I know!) MAC launched this product with a dual purpose. What they I guess had in mind was a creme eye shadow that would dry instantly when applied on the eyes and then would not budge or smudge till one took it off at night. Also, due to its non-creasing and non-smudging effects people all over were urged to start using these as eye-shadow bases as well! What genius! :D And well this is exactly what you get when you buy a MAC Paint Pot... A creme based eye-shadow that stays on like forever and an eye-shadow base, which I think is the best invention in the make-up world after long stay lipsticks... You see I am all about durability and long stay ;)
I initially bought the Paint Pot in Painterly to solely use it as an eye-shadow base. I do wear it as an eye-shadow but it is too pale for my skin tone. But eye-shadow or not I simply love it as a base :)

Ok! So what does the MAC website have to say about this little miracle?

A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. Long-wearing, colourfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with M·A·C shadows and liners.

Image of the product

MAC Paint Pot in Painterly



Swatches




LOTD
Eye-shadows: Coastal Scents 88 Original Palette; Base: MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
Tutorial coming up Next!

Oooohs and Aaahhhs!
1. As an eye-shadow base, it pops the color of eye-shadows and make them brighter and more intense.
2. Once applied as a base, the eye make-up stays in place for like ever and just doesn't budge from its intended place :)
3. When used as an eye-shadow too, it is smudge proof and to a great extent waterproof.4. It does not cause any reactions, allergies or irritation.5. It are odorless and does not sting the eyes.6. Even though it dry up real fast on the eye lids, your eyes do not feel any kind of dryness or itchiness. In short it is extremely comfortable to wear!
7. One pot contains like a lot of product and well I dont think I'll be able to finish it in the next 5 years even if I use them regularly! So basically, it's a highly justified buy ;)
8. It comes in these heavy glass pots with rubbery-plastic lids that is signature of MAC. I love this packaging :)

Ouches!
1. Some might find them expensive but the amount of product that you get and the quality it offers is something that is worth much more than what you pay!
2. It dries up real fast, so you need to quick in spreading it all over your lids.

Price
It costs INR 1050/-

Repurchase?
Definitely! But then I don't think I'll be able to finish it ever. So I'll go and buy other shades in this range :)

Would I recommend it?
Oh yes! For sure! Girls go get it! For people like me who have super oily lids, this is a must. For people who don't have eye-shadow creasing problem (I know a few who dont!), they might give it a miss but then these products are great even as shadows :)

Overall Rating

10/10