Monday, February 20, 2012

Auravedic Honey Almond Pulpy Face Wash Review

Hey buddies! Hope you're doing fine.
Today I am reviewing a product from Auravedic, called the "Radiance by Nature Honey Almond Pulpy Face Wash". They have also another variant in this range called the Rose Saffron Pulpy Face Wash which I may review later. As this is my first Auravedic product review, let us see some interesting facts about Auravedic first. 


About Auravedic (As per the site)
From the Earth to your Skin 100% Pure
With every Auravedic product, you are getting years of knowledge in nature and research, following the principles of Ayurveda. We select each and every ingredient for their individual properties to create the best product for you.
Come experience 100% purity with Auravedic.

Auravedic Honey Almond Pulpy Face Wash 



Price: Rs.150 for 50 gm

Shelf Life:12 months

Ingredient List
Jojoba oil, Almond oil, Rose oil, Saffron extract, Geranium oil, Neroli oil, Khus oil, Honey, Coconut fatty acid, Triathanolamine, Phenoxyethanol.
100% Natural! Free from Parabens, SLS, Harmful Chemicals & Colours.

Claims of the Product
This pure moisturizing Face Wash combines honey and sweet almond oil, providing a luxurious blend, gently cleansing, nourishing and rejuvenating the skin, leaving it feel refreshed and invigorated, ready to tackle the day.

Usage Instructions
Scoop on to fingertips and gently massage over skin before rinsing it off.

My Views and Ratings

The Packaging
This product comes in a white with orange coloured tub with a screw type cap and a white vacuum lid inside it. I hesitated at first and got little disappointed because it comes in tub as I always feel tub packaging unhygienic! (have to dip your finger every time into it) But for the consistency of the product, it can't be squeezed easily from a tube or a bottle, so the tub is rightly selected for it I guess. Still I expect an alternate packaging for this because it's little tricky to take out the lid and take the product out without wastage or spillage. Other than this, I am okay with the sturdiness of the product which makes it very travel friendly.
Rating: 3.5/5




Colour, Consistency and Fragrance
The face wash is dark peach in colour and is very concentrated as well. It has a very thick consistency but still a very little scoop is enough for every wash as it spreads incredibly smooth over my facial skin. It looks pulpy as said in the name and so I loved the texture very much. About the fragrance, it is just so yummy. I can really feel the smell of honey and some essential oils in it every time I use it. Honey is a natural skin friendly ingredient as you all know. Overall I loved this face wash very much for it's concentrated natural consistency, as well as the fragrance. I loved smelling it all the time! Nothing bad I find in it.
Rating: 5/5


How It Works On Me
The very first time I got this, I worried "Oh so thick! How it's going to spread on my face easily?" hence I scooped a lot, poured some drops of water into it and started lathering. I was rubbing my hands very hard. Not much lather at all! Got a very bad impression. Then I worked it out on my face by smoothly giving little strokes. The smell was yummyyyy!! I also guessed that it won't get washed off so easily for its thick consistency. But what a magic! it requires a very small amount of water to get washed off. My face is squeeze clean then! I really couldn't believe.
    My skin became instantly softer, smoother and radiant. All the bad impressions which I got before were broke into pieces that second. I fell in love with this face wash! It cleanses all the dirt, pollution, oiliness and also left my skin nourished. This is not much lathering, but really cleanses well than many other lathering face washes. I tend to have normal to oily skin in sunny days, it suited me well. I felt light, nourished and fresh. My mom who has dry skin felt this good too! She said that this one is very nice and she's going to use this one thereafter all the time. I really find no bad about this face wash expect the tub packaging. But it wont be a big con seeing the benefits. Extremely oily skins may feel this little heavy on sunny days but it works really well with most the skin types. This one is going to my HG list :D
Rating: 5/5

PROS
  1. Well concentrated pulpy consistency.
  2. All natural ingredients like sweet almond oil, honey, saffron extracts, rose oil etc. They are very natural and good for our skin. Even sensitive skins will find it good.
  3. No parabens, SLS, Harmful Chemicals and Colours (Double great!)
  4. Even though the consistency is quite thick, a very little amount spreads over the skin easily and gets washed off easily. Thus, the product will last for many days.
  5. A great pick for dry skins as this is very nourishing.
  6. Makes skin soft and smooth instantly.
  7. I didn't experience any breakouts or acne while using this. Totally natural & Side effect free.
  8. It suits normal skins well too. Cleanses out all the dirt, pollution and nourishes without any slippery feel or oiliness.
  9. Affordable for the worth (It lasts long as a tiny scoop is enough for a wash)
  10. Travel friendly as the cap is sturdy.
  11. Yippee!! Last but not least! It's fragrance, just takes me away. Very natural honey and essential oil smell it has! Not sure about how others feel but it is not going to affect even sensitive noses.
CONS
  1. The tub packaging :( Makes it unhygienic to use (Well this can't be taken as a con for the worth and consistency of the product, this much well concentrated product can't be squeezed easily from a tube)
  2. Availability is the problem. It is not available at many places. But can be purchased from many leading online shopping sites.
I am not going to count these silly cons in my overall rating! This product is going to my HG list for sure! :)

My Recommendation: Sensitive skins, Dry skins, Normal skins listen.. Please get this one without fail! This is such a wonderful natural pulpy nourishing face wash. It instantly softens skins and nourishes it without any greasiness. Not sure about extremely oily skins, this might suit you in dry winters.

Overall Rating: 5/5 (I can't see the tub packaging as a con while seeing these much benefits) I love this product very much!

Will I Repurchase?: Sure! Every time.. This one is going to my HG list!

Disclaimer: Product sent by PR for reviewing purpose. But all my opinions remain honest.