Wednesday, March 14, 2012

In The Moment!

As many of you know i have also fought my disease of alcoholism.  The program i joined taguht me to live one day at a time. Taking things as they came and dealing with them without the use of my friend Jonhn Barleycorn. Now I have a disease, Alzheimer's and Frontal Temporal Dementia, which have robbed me of those memories that i was told to keep green, so I would remember my life with JB and the hell that i lived in. Those days and other memories good and bad are all becoming only words to me. They are starting not to carry the pain, joy, saddness, hapiness , etc of my past. Alzheimer's has now forced me to live in only the minute, not even the day, I can do something at 8am and by 8:30am it is gone, not even a memory only a few words exist about it. This is becomming more and more my life. Living only in the moment. I guess that is how we are reallly to live, but this is new and confussing to me. It is about 7pm here and I cannot tell you what I did an hour ago.This fuckin disease really robs you of things and it is taking more faster and faster. But I still have ½ brain cell that refuses to give up, so I can tell you of this journey at least for the moment.

Take care of yourselves.

God Bless & Keep You & This Country of Ours!
joe