Monday, March 5, 2012

LOTD: My Experiments with Nude Makeup

If you are with me on Facebook and Twitter then you would know about the status update I had posted today in the morning saying that 
"Pati" says he likes me without make-up nowadays... I guess my experiment with Nude Make-up with MUFE Star Powder is a success :)
Well you see I have been mulling over, trying some nude looks for the past couple of days and if you all know me at all then you'll know how much I love colorful lips and smokey eyes. Well then for a person like me delving into the world of nude make-up is quite drastic and so I wasn't getting any confidence in sporting any such looks! I was trying them out in Mumbai, as Mumbai with its humidity isn't kind to people with a face full of make-up and one generally tends to keep their make-up to quite a minimum and understated :) So Mumbai was the perfect location and when "pati" actually almost "gushed" about how much he was liking my "no makeup" look in Mumbai, I knew I had struck JackPot :) So here's the look and I am sharing it with you guys so that you could give me criticism and praise :) I am open to both! :D






Now let me clear the myth about Nude Makeup. Many people I know think that Nude Make-up means wearing no or minimum make-up but you see nude make-up means wearing enough make-up to make you look gorgeous and flawless and giving an illusion that no make-up has actually been applied! This reminds me of Calvin Klein's quote "The best is to look natural, but it takes make-up to look natural". So, I'll be honest and I will tell you that I am wearing a number of products here in order to achieve this "nude" look :)


Products Used:
1. Make Up For Ever Start Powder in shade 940 as highlighter, eye shadow, face illuminator & Lip Sparkle
2. Maybelline Gel Liner
3. Colorbar Waterproof Liquid Liner
4. Maxfactor False Lash Effect Mascara
5. The Body Shop Lip Treatment Gloss in Beige Sparkle 
6. Colorbar Blush in Floral Fuschia

Also this post would be incomplete if I do not mention the star product here which is MUFE's Star Powder in shade 940. Review coming up so I will not talk about it much just that it is awesome and is an all-in-one product :)