Monday, April 16, 2012

REVIEW & LOTD: MAC Matte Lipstick in Taupe

I am sure you all have come across products that have shade names that have nothing to do with the real shade! My latest run-in with such a product was when I went on a quest to find the perfect nude lippy for me at MAC and ran into MAC Taupe. Now Taupe as you all know can be described as a grey-ish brown, while the MAC lippy Taupe is a pretty yellow-ish brown which proved to be a MLBB shade for me :)
MAC Taupe is a Matte finish lipstick and is a gorgeous almost nudish shade for those with pigmented lips. When I use it, it tends to disappear on my lips and leaves an even looking nude lip. I find it perfect for office and super awesome when I pair it with a smokey eye. It looks great when wore as is or with a gloss on top.

It has a decent staying power and stays on me for about 4-5 hours.

Image Of the Product:


Swatches:

LOTD:

Ooooohhss And Aaaahsss!!!
1. Even though it is a matte finish, it is not drying. 
2. I love the signature MAC "choco-caramelly" fragrance of MAC lippies.
3. The shade is a perfect MLBB for me :)
4. It is transfer proof
5. Does not cause me any reactions or allergies.

Ouches!!
1. The price is a bit steep.

Price:
Like all MAC lippies, it costs INR 990/-


Repurchase?
Definitely! Its the only MLBB shade I have found till date!

Would I Recommend?
If you have a medium or dusky complexion, then this would be perfect as a nude lippy. If you have pigmented lips then this would be perfect for as an MLBB shade. For others it might look a bit to brown!

Overall Rating:
8.5/10