Tuesday, May 29, 2012

REVIEW: Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in "Hooked On Pink"

I knew I was on the right track by banning myself from buying makeup when last Friday, while clearing my dresser, I found a brand new tube of Maybelline's Colorsensational Lippy in Hooked On Pink. Imagine! A brand new and forgotten tube of a lipstick. Yup! I found some more stuff as well but that's for future posts...

Now coming back to this Maybelline lippy, I was so excited of finding it that I have been wearing this lippy everyday since Friday :P And well I love it at the moment :) Its a pretty plummy pink (on my lips), not as bright as the other pinks that I own and still a little brighter than MAC Craving :) Its a super versatile shade that would suit many Indian complexions (mind you I said many and not all) and would be gorgeous in the three seasons that we get in India viz Hot Summers, Cool Winters and well sticky monsoons :P

You all know the moisture extreme range from Maybelline is super hydrating, has a decent satying power of about 3-4 hours and well is easily within our budgets :)

One downside of this product would be that a single swipe of this lippy isn't enough to cover my pigmented lips. I need at least 3 swipes for it to look decently opaque on my lips :(

Image of the Product


Maybelline COlorsensational Lipstick in Hooked On Pink

Swatches

LOTD
 
Yes, that's my In a Hurry Office Face :P
Oooohhhss And Aaaahhhsss!!!
1. Moisturising and perfect for dry lips.
2. The shade is flattering on many Indian skintones and well wearable in all seasons.
3. Not expensive!
4. It has an attractive tube and looks pretty on the dresser!
5. Very very easily available in all cities across India :)

Ouches!!!
1. Pigmentation isn't too great for pigmented lips :(
2. A very common shade of Pink and I guess is easily dupable, though at 299/- I doubt you'd need a dupe :P


Price
It costs INR 299/-

Repurchase?
I am not sure.. I might as well try some other shades from this range... This isn't really a rare shade of Pink now!

Would I Recommend?
If you are looking for a budget buy in pink lipsticks and if your skintone is Indian light or medium, you can buy it with your eyes closed. If perhaps you are on the Indian darker side or have pigmented lips like I do, then I would suggest you to first try it before buying :)

Overall rating:
8/10