Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Where the Hell did that Buick come from?

Yes early Sunday AM about 5:15 or so i am told, I was struck in the back of the head, neck shoulders and back by a buick. I think an ol 1956 Buick Roadmaster for those who remember those tanks. That is what it sounded like. See I was having this wonderful dream, I was young and agile again (you know that is a dream), i was playing in traffic in the street, playing dodge um with the cars and doing just a outstandting job of winning. I made this magnificient  summer sault to avoid a car and go to the other side of the street to the sidewalk. Then it happened CRASH, BAM POW, Holy Cow Batman, laid out flat this Buick had done me in, sneakoy devil got me from behind.

Well after hearing my name called  for who knows how long there is my wife asking me if i am ok. Well i did not understand how she got there. The truth be known Mr. Gymnist here apparently did a leg flying high twisting of this very fit body of mine, right out of the bed. In the process I struck my left ear, back of my poor little head, neck and shoulders on the bedside table. Not to mention my fat ass on the floor (that was the real crashing noise).  Later in the day when I confessed i could not see well, my head hurt, hell all of me hurt and was more unstable than usual, physicallly that is, we spent the next 8 ½ hours at the wonerful Hospital Hotel. Had a CT scan and it showed the following:  No definitive intracranial hemorrhage.  There is a focus of increased density to the posterior left temporal lobe. No skull fracture. Mild sinus opacity. Basil ganglia calcifications (and my very favorite medical language) and other incidental findings. I guess they found a brain cell.  One good thing the basil thing which has never shown or have I been informed of in right on that part of my ginormous brain that controls your balance, and is an old brain injury that continues to calcify.

What a day. Take care of yourselves.

God Bless & Keep You & This Country of Ours!
joe

PS. anyone finds that Buick it is mine.